What is the leading power factor
The power factor is defined as the ratio of active power (P) and volt amperes. Real power is the actual power assumed in an AC circuit, while volts amps is the apparent power produced in the circuit when the waves of voltage or current are out of phase.
Disadvantages of the low power factor
The undesirable effect of operating a low load at a low power factor is due to the high current required for a low power factor. The main disadvantages of the low power factor are
- The equipment requires a higher current, which increases the economic cost of the equipment.
- With a low power factor, the current is high, which leads to high copper losses in the system and therefore reduces the efficiency of the system.
- A higher current created a large voltage drop in the device. This leads to poor voltage regulation.
Because both capital and operating costs are increased, the system is uneconomical to operate at a low power factor (whether it is a lag or a leading value) from the supplier's point of view.
Causes of low power factor
The common reason for the low power factor is because of the inductive load. The current in the inductive load lags behind the voltage. The power factor therefore remains behind. The main inductive loads that are responsible for the low power factor are the three-phase induction motors (which operate with a power factor of 0.8), transformers, lamps and welding machines operate with low power factors. Power factor improvement methods are used to improve the value of the power factor in an energy system.
- Is Net Banking necessary for UPI
- When was the television first mass-produced?
- What is the best fitness sport
- Do I really need invisalign
- What does that mean in Java 18
- Is it worth buying a gaming phone
- How has a hair transplant changed your life
- Which is better biotechnology or life science
- When is a matrix consistent
- Where is fresh water located
- Bran Stark is the promised prince
- Will Loki die in the Avengers Endgame
- Have the Snapchat strip removed
- What is a third of 1 6
- Who is a creative writer or actor
- How can we develop Jharkhand
- Where do credit unions keep their money
- How to say Muslim in Polish
- Why is OpenShift written in Ruby
- Is more useful to Clint Barton than Ronin
- How do European teenage girls dress
- How to loosen thick eyebrows
- Can diabetics consume fruit and jaggery
- I could spread disease without being sick