What about the darkness that scares people
Everyone expects a creepy clown for Halloween, but not in everyday life! The cases of strangers in clown costumes who suddenly appear in the dark and frighten passers-by are increasing - now also in Germany.
The trend is spilling over from the USA to Germany. There, people in clown costumes appear in dark places - in cemeteries or remote streets. For them it may be fun, but for many it is a nightmare come true:
- Just recently, a person disguised as a creepy clown stood in front of the elementary school in the Hanseatic city Stendal. In his hands he held a package that read: "You will all die."
- In Gelsenkirchen a stranger threatened young people with a baseball bat - he too was disguised as a clown.
- Baseball bat and a chainsaw came in Rostock and Wesel for use.
- A stranger in a clown costume frightened several people on Sylt. Among other things, according to the police, the masked man knocked on the window of a house in the Morsum area.
- Also in Lüneburg, a stranger in a clown costume chased a person - he is said to have been armed with an aluminum baseball club.
Police react on Facebook
The Lower Bavaria police point out that this appearance as a clown is anything but funny. She calls on Facebook not to scare anyone with such actions.
The colleagues from Vorpommern-Greifswald will also be in touch. You write about the incident in Greifswald: "So you would-be joker: Please turn on your brain."
"The clowns are not just idiots, they are criminals"
The head of the German Police Union, Rainer Wendt, has warned of increasing attacks by perpetrators in clown costumes. "It is to be feared that the clown attacks will become a very, very ugly trend that will spread in big cities on Halloween," said Wendt of the "Huffington Post". Victims should immediately call the police and report any case. “The clowns are not just idiots, they are criminals. Scare someone in such a disgusting way is assault, ”he said.
Don't dress up as a clown for Halloween
McDonalds responded and withdrew its mascot from the public. Ronald McDonald is only allowed to appear at selected events in the USA.
But the real horror festival is yet to come. "The Roselle Park police are asking parents not to let their children wear clown costumes on Halloween," the agency in the state of New Jersey wrote on Facebook as a precautionary measure.
Twitter users don't lose their sense of humor
The fact that some people are afraid of clowns or dolls is probably thanks to a number of horror films á la “Chucky, the killer doll”, “Annabelle” or “It”. The writer of the novel for the film, Stephen King, comments on the incidents via Twitter.
Hey, guys, time to cool the clown hysteria - most of em are good, cheer up the kiddies, make people laugh.- Stephen King (@StephenKing) October 3, 2016
But with all the fear and horror news, users on Twitter do not lose their humor.
Haha, too true. Be careful out there girls! 👺 💄 # clownsightings # clownthreats # clowns # Halloween # makeuppic.twitter.com / fcuGU1VN9R- Stephen Meara-Blount (@ SteveMB1959) October 11, 2016
vik / dpa
More to scare?
"Blair Witch" goes into the next round
Cult horror series "X-Factor: The Incredible"
Trailer for "Lights Out": Wedged in the Depression
List of rubric lists: © dpa / Symbolbild
- How is vivo phone
- In which currency is the account reconciliation being prepared
- When did monogamy begin?
- Shame or ridicule can have positive effects
- What does fortnight mean
- Pakistanis are forbidden to enter Armenia
- How does augmented reality help a company
- Why is Twix chocolate considered vegetarian?
- How do genetics work in identical twins
- Why do we use an if statement
- Are gays included in arranged marriages
- How can I use WhatsApp on the desktop
- How does the FCC sell the spectrum
- What is your favorite game of Assassin's Creed
- What are the cons of PPC
- Work hard enough to be successful
- Negative thoughts make negative things possible
- Are dedicated IP addresses like proxies
- Has Trump's presidency encouraged racists
- Where do the startup ideas come from?
- How do you smell an organizational structure
- What makes a great Instagram post
- What is SBS modified asphalt waterproofing membrane
- What are some creative YouTube channels
- Why does Facebook use PHP for the backend
- When did the fox hunt begin?
- Sells Snapdeal counterfeit products
- Is there something special today
- Why did men start wearing pants?
- What are some famous anachronisms in movies
- What is Anglo-Saxon literature
- Apple is ahead of its time
- They know you are from Vietnam when