How many GB are 1,000 images
This is how much or so little space you really need
Hand on heart: Do you really know how much data can fit on the hard drive of your PC or notebook?
Of course, it is clear to you how many gigabytes your system can offer - for example 500. But how big is this storage space actually? How much data can actually be stored in half a terabyte? Is this amount just right for your needs or is it too small?
Since there are unfortunately no tangible comparisons, the memory information is difficult to visualize.
SSD or HDD?
First of all, you should distinguish between an SSD and an HDD. What at first sounds like a completely different topic is closely related to the question of storage capacity. Because SSDs still cost more than hard drives with rotating magnetic disks. Or to put it another way: Flash memories often only offer half the storage space, compare them to hard drives that are equally expensive. On the other hand, SSDs are also a lot faster - both in terms of reading and writing speed. The Tempoplus is particularly noticeable in gaming and creative work such as video editing. Enough storage space is therefore a compromise between speed and capacity.
Memory management on the computer: For the optimal hard drive selection, you determine which type of data and programs you save on which type of memory. In the end, you get the ideal capacity for your needs. You can park demanding games and creative programs for video, graphics and photo editing as well as frequently used software such as the Office package or the browser and the operating system on SSDs. On the other hand, older HDDs can easily store documents, multimedia files (films, music, photos), rarely used programs or older, less graphically demanding games.
User categories - simple, medium, strong: How much storage space you actually need depends on your user behavior. They fall into the “easy to use” category if you usually edit Office files, download a few hundred songs in MP3 format to your computer and occasionally save interesting graphics and images and surf the Internet a lot. In this case, a computer with 250 to 500 gigabytes of storage space is sufficient. Even notebooks with less storage space are no problem for you, because many things can be outsourced to the cloud.
As a "medium user" you often edit high quality photos. To do this, you select a few snapshots from several hundred recordings and then edit them. They also belong to this category if you save many films or episodes in SD quality on the system so that you can also watch them offline. A film in SD quality with a running time of two to two and a half hours, for example as a download from Amazon Prime Video, takes up about 1.5 gigabytes of memory. If you are also playing some graphically less demanding games that take up relatively little space (300 MB to 4 GB), then you can safely save them on an HDD. So 500 gigabytes of hard disk space is sufficient for the average load on the PC.
If you regularly use your PC or notebook for all of the scenarios just mentioned and you cannot do without HD quality and demanding games, then you should calculate with at least one terabyte (around 1000 gigabytes) of capacity.
The user categories can help; they will probably not be able to exactly match the actual capacities. If you have miscalculated your computer, external hard drives will help you to expand the storage space quickly and easily.
It is more convenient to have a computer with enough storage space right from the start. Take a look at special offers and promotions that advertise large storage capacities. This cannot be a disadvantage for you.
Tip:Hard drive, SSD, USB & Co. - What is the best storage device?
- How do I become less racist
- X-rays can be harmful to a woman
- How can I start a telecommunications company
- Is fog good for the environment?
- Are there toilets on the google bus
- Is there a fee for the NDA
- How do I become a biotech entrepreneur
- Is tea a horticultural crop
- What is liquid cooling on a computer
- Used with Himalayan pink salt to clear acne
- Is it bad not to like classical music?
- How many square feet is 18 acres
- What is the best company for sneakers
- Can butter sticks go bad
- What is punk style
- How do I install a solar system
- How common is an anthropology degree
- How superstitious is your country
- Is the Holman rule constitutional
- Why do we have to marry love
- How casual are suicidal thoughts
- What is organic limestone
- How to calculate the petrol money
- What is the value of cos 40
- What are the taxonomic categories of Linnaeus
- What are animated videos and explanatory videos
- Can I legally carry a bottle
- How does cavity wall insulation work
- How should I stop yelling at others?
- How can artificial intelligence fight terrorism?
- What is more comfortable Nike or New Balance
- What is 6 9 x 2 4
- What is the significance of the Boltzmann constant?
- What are the beautiful places in Hyderabad