What was your first experience in the hustle and bustle
How to deal with the motorist's road traffic (after prevention fails)
I had my first experience a few weeks ago where I was really worried about my well being from an angry driver. So what can a cyclist do if he is threatened and pursued by a motorist?
I was driving on a street with lots of parked cars and driveways, so I drove a little more "center" than what a certain guy was happy with because he yelled at me to get off the street and onto the bike path after honking and trying to to overtake me. I told him I don't have to because cyclists have the same legal rights on roads as motorists, and then I drove closer to the center to prevent him from trying dangerously past me. Then he started shouting profanity at me as he drove behind me, and I gave him the one-fingered greeting he, his wife, and son returned in a perfect Kodak moment.
I admit that I did the opposite of allaying the anger on the street, but I also admit that until now I (stupidly) never expected to meet someone on the street who could willingly hurt me : At the next set of traffic lights he told me to drive by so we could discuss this face to face and I said, "No, I don't have to do that either." What started to frighten me was that after losing him in traffic he managed to catch up with me and follow me for a very long time and stare at me. I finally pulled out quickly to the sidewalk and slipped my keys from my pocket into my pocket (it was the sharpest thing I had) but luckily he had to follow the flow of traffic and didn't meet me on the street again.
My safest course of action would have been not to provoke the driver at all, but frankly, I had no expectation that telling a driver about traffic laws would provoke someone into potentially murderous anger; Even if I became a mouse on a bike, there is still the possibility of (accidentally) making someone angry, no matter how small they are. So my question is, what can someone do in a case where even an attempt to prevent the hustle and bustle has failed and they are now exposed to the unadulterated wrath of the gods of the exploding dinosaurs - I really don't think the guy in the above is Story it was with the intention of "discussing" the matter when he caught me off my bike.
Daniel R Hicks
Get off the road earlier. Sure, you have the right to be there, but it was pretty clear that this horror wasn't ready to accept that. Your safety is more important than the track.
It's also a good idea to write down his license plate and make / model of car if he disappears in the distance, in case you see him again.
Call the police.
Get his license plate number, his description and report him to the authorities. Such idiots are too fat to talk to. You need an officer to get through to them.
Call the police while you are riding, tell them you fear for your safety and let them hear the idiot yelling at you.
Since purchasing a camera, I have seen very few incidents of street traffic. Once a driver starts in the trouble, I just point at the camera and ask them to smile for YouTube. You can get decent helmet cameras for around £ 30 if you shop around.
Daniel R Hicks
Fortunately, I've never been in this situation, but if the driver doesn't let you go or gets out of the car, you can take advantage of the advantages of the bike over the car:
- Walk one way the wrong way (possibly on the sidewalk)
- Get off the street with pedestrian facilities (sidewalk, park)
- Quickly change direction or return on the same road the other way
All of this is hard for a car to keep up with, sure you might annoy some pedestrians and be illegal in some places, but it's still better than letting the crap out of you.
- How rain causes earthquakes
- What happens to Kundalini after death
- What does government mean in Nepal 1
- The Canadian police always carried guns
- Why do good girls like bad boys
- How do electric tumble dryers work
- How do I apply for Google Grants
- Should death be angry
- How is it good to squat
- What does it mean to be decisive
- Why isn't Eminem undergoing Lasik surgery
- What is app hacking
- How can I master calculations quickly
- Has technology enslaved us
- Read annual reports before investing
- Is Allen Jaipur better than Resonance Jaipur
- Why did you become a smoker
- Atheists pray before Thanksgiving
- What are the career prospects for apprentices
- What's the best concert of the 1970s that you've seen
- How is colon hydrotherapy practiced
- Do you like poems about God
- The following PHP code is relatively safe
- What is meant by knowledge