What are the fundamental rights in Canada
North America, Canada: The struggle for fundamental rights is not over yet
In Canada, the unequal treatment of women and men is prohibited by the human rights law in force there. Women must be given the same opportunities and opportunities in the labor market and they must be paid the same wages as men for the same work. In the United States, Article 1 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights is followed on these issues: "All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights."
The World Economic Forum has observed the gender gap at the global level for the past 10 years and has collected data for 145 countries on the extent to which women can participate in the fields of business, education, health and politics. There have been positive developments here since 2006. However, in Canada and the United States, the gender pay gap persists and women remain underrepresented through limited access to leadership positions in politics, the public sector and business.
Despite all the joy about the progress made so far, progress in itself is not enough to create all-round satisfaction. Rather, progress feeds the desire for more extensive changes. Women still cannot develop their full potential and many talents are left idle. According to the 2015 Global Gender Gap Report, which analyzes gender equality, women in the United States and Canada have the same level of education and health as men, yet they hold only a fraction of the top positions in politics and business. Why are qualified and competent women so seldom given the opportunity to demonstrate their leadership skills?
In the struggle for equality, we are all asked to do everything in our respective sphere of influence to close the gap between the sexes. Jesus gave us the key to this in his commandment "Love your neighbor as yourself" (Mark 12:31). The talents that God has given us all must not be spilled and left idle, we must use them and develop our full potential. In this way, a struggle for freedom and equality becomes a fruitful togetherness in the realization of our goals.
(Reference: The Global Gender Gap Report 2015. (n.d.). Accessed January 27, 2016 at http://reports.weforum.org/global-gender-gap-report-2015/)
- What is a French immersion program
- What are the hacking tricks for desktops
- Can mass be viewed as dense energy
- Which is better Lucky Orange or Hotjar
- Who are active Android app reviewers
- Can my phone scan barcodes?
- What can Blaze Audio do for us
- What are the topics in the 12th PCM
- Something like Westworld is possible
- Is Rorschach from Watchmen asexual or gay
- How can I overcome psychiatric problems quickly
- Has Shae ever left Westeros
- Could a startup compete with Amazon Alexa?
- What's your favorite homemade dip
- An empathetic person can turn into a murderer
- How do I report a pyramid scheme
- When did 24 jump the shark
- What are some uses of doubly connected graphs
- What is quantum computer
- How is newspaper important to get information
- Is there anything you would like to ask for help?
- Is there a black box for cars
- Why did AOC lose its top employees
- Why do flies sit on random things