Can cross reptiles
Amphibians and reptiles
A life on both sides
Amphibians represent the oldest group of terrestrial vertebrates in tribal history. In the course of evolution they made the transition from water to land, but are still closely linked to water. The name "amphib" comes from the Greek and means something like "living on both sides", ie on land and in water. In German, these animals are also known as amphibians. Hence the name "Lurchi" for the most famous representative of the group, the fire salamander. Come to Germany 21 amphibian species before, which one differentiates according to the body shape in tailed amphibians (salamanders, newts) and frogs (frogs, toads, toads).
Characteristics of the amphibians are for example a thin and glandular skin, the metamorphosis (transformation) of the larvae and some skeletal reductions like the missing thumb of the forelimbs.
Amphibians are cold-blooded and therefore usually feel cold. You have to stay in damp areas to avoid drying out. They therefore avoid the sun and are mostly nocturnal. They lay their jelly-like eggs in bodies of water. On land the eggs would dry out. Only a few species like the fire salamander give birth to their larvae alive.
In contrast to the amphibians, the Reptiles ("Reptiles") independent of water. They all have firm skin that protects them from drying out. Their eggs also usually have a hard shell. Since the reptiles are cold-blooded animals too, you can often see them soaking up the sun in order to reach the correct operating temperature.
To the total 14 native reptile species count lizards, snakes and turtles. What they all have in common is a dry body surface covered with horn scales. Since the top layer of skin does not grow with it, reptiles have to shed their skin regularly. In many species, the old skin is eaten up after molting, but sometimes you are lucky enough to find a so-called “adder shirt”, the stripped and “turned inside out” skin of a snake.
The lizards, which at first glance look very similar to the tailed amphibians, have thumbs on their front limbs.
Since both amphibians and reptiles are cold-blooded animals, they fall into winter rigidity and can therefore only from Spring to autumn to be watched.
- Is social injustice good for the economy
- Which is the best institute for SPS
- Are muscular love handles only genetically determined
- Diet Coke will dehydrate you
- What is a dry martini
- What is the most relieving feeling that you have felt
- What was your strategy for preparation
- Does Harley Quinn have other names
- How do you explain the binary search
- Why is slime green
- Friendships should never develop into relationships
- Why does dilute acid react with metal
- Was Nietzsche a pseudo-intellectual
- Who are the top process service providers
- How to prepare carbonara
- Have people had sex in space
- What are your boss buzzwords
- Are Magna bikes good
- What do you dislike about Colorado
- Where can you buy this type of pump?
- What is the size of a nerve
- What is the best search engine 4
- What is the purpose of calming fillings
- What does my husband mean