What are the recipes cooked with corn
Boiled corn on the cob
The maize season has started in Germany. The season ends more or less at the end of October. We have fresh corn all summer! I am always so happy.
I will now give you a few tips on how to find the right maize: the best maize has plump grains. My grandmother used to squeeze a grain and say: "If a lot of liquid comes out, the corn is best". But something like that went on the market in Venezuela. Here in Germany, I wouldn't dare to take such a test. I see that the grains look completely round and plump. So far, worked fine.
You shouldn't leave corn on the cob lying around for so long. I left up to three days between buying and preparing and the corn was still good. BUT ... every hour some of the sugar in the corn turns to starch. You cannot stop this process with cooling. In this way the corn loses its sweetness and what is more, it becomes drier. And we want to eat a juicy and sweet corn. Where every grain in the mouth explodes when we bite it.
How do I prepare fresh corn on the cob? I already have a few recipes with fresh corn on the blog: Cachapas and Pastel de Choclo. Now I want to show you how I prepare boiled corn on the cob. I like to eat this with homemade herb butter and a salad.
Recipe for boiled corn on the cob
Corn on the cob
Salt (for 1 liter of water, you need 1 teaspoon of salt)
Sugar (for 1 liter of water, you need 1 teaspoon of sugar)
Bring water to a boil in a saucepan. For every liter of water, add a teaspoon of salt and a teaspoon of sugar. There must be enough water in the pot to cover the corn on the cob. (There are people who say you shouldn't put salt in the water. I did the test and did not find that my corn was not tender enough because of salt. For me, it is much more important that the corn is fresh. )
If the leaves are still on the flask, remove them. Remove hair from the cobs.
Briefly wash the corn on the cob with water, add to the boiling water and cook for 20 minutes.
Take the corn on the cob out of the water and brush with (herb) butter. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- What does au bon pain mean
- What's your favorite Persian word
- How can I make my face bright
- Can BLE beacons work without an app?
- Why is pricing always a management decision?
- Can a man live on bread alone
- Why do intelligent people sometimes act stupidly?
- How do countries get their names
- What color is Donald Trump's hair
- Can babies sleep on swings
- Sociopaths are always bored with relationships
- Have useful learning skills
- China finances the US national debt
- What would you tell your suicidal teenager
- What is the real job of governments?
- What is Google Allo and Duo
- Are there human sharks
- How do you find someone online
- How does rational thinking work
- In simple terms, what is a tip
- Which street vendors in NYC accept Square
- Why do psychopaths never doubt themselves
- How can I get stones in Minecraft
- What is Takhti online