The US is making animals extinct
Species protectionalways more threatened Animal species
Seven species have now been added to the list of living things that are most in need of protection. This is the result of the conference of the United Nations Convention on the Conservation of Migratory Wildlife Species. However, this does not guarantee their population for a long time.
The list of those most in need of protection has been expanded to include seven animal species. Since the weekend, Asian elephants, jaguars, the whitetip deep-sea shark and several species of birds, including the little bustard and the antipodal albatross, have been under the highest protection. And the list of the second highest protection level has been expanded to include three animal species: steppe sheep, the smooth hammerhead and the tropical shark. The representatives of 130 countries have now agreed on this.
Protection is not always protection
Those animals that are considered threatened with extinction in their entire range or in a substantial part of it land on the highest protection list. Animal species on the list with the second highest protection level are not yet threatened with extinction, but are extremely endangered. If animal species appear on such lists, the countries in which these animals live are obliged to strictly protect them. The only problem is: you can decide for yourself when to do this.
"With over 70 percent of the animal species with protection status, the population is still less."
Nature conservation associations such as the WWF and the International Animal Welfare Fund criticize that there is no time limit for the implementation of the protection status. Many countries deliberately take their time because of economic interests, says Meike Rosenplänter from Deutschlandfunk Nova Wissensnachrichten. This applies above all to states that benefit from a high level of fishing.
Many states shirk responsibility
In addition, there are some large states that do not even participate in such agreements. For example, the United States, China, Russia and Japan are missing from the UN Convention on the Conservation of Migratory Wildlife Species. The jaguar, for example, migrates from the USA to Paraguay. In addition, political resistance leads to the fact that animal species are actively protected so late that their population is already very weakened and their habitat is so small that they can hardly be saved. But action is necessary: the UN assumes that one million animal species are threatened with extinction.
- Who gave the theory of asymptotic notations
- How do I correct the spelling mistakes
- Why is Quora not as big as Facebook
- What are the best Eric Prydz songs
- What is blinding concrete made of
- Why are shafts in tunnels important
- How many SharePoint administrators are there
- Where does Himalayan salt come from
- Wordpress is heavily censored
- What is the contribution of technology
- Do you want to be debt free
- Who would win Dio Brando against Spawn?
- Why is Switzerland always neutral in wars?
- What is Laminated Manufacturing
- Where does the best cheese come from
- Who do the Dead Sea Scrolls belong to?
- What do Italians think of Antonio Negri?
- Foursquare is still growing
- From what did unicellular organisms evolve?
- Which US state has the most horses?
- How good are the Linux user interfaces
- What is a tough job
- What are some negative aspects of bloodshed
- Bitcoin prices fall on the weekend