How healthy are protein bars
Protein bar: protein with a lot of sugar
Protein bars are said to be good for fitness and muscle building, also in the context of diets with few carbohydrates ("low carb"). In a sample, fitness expert Jannik Schöning and nutritionist Ute Hantelmann compare five protein bars:
- Wellmix from Rossmann for 0.49 euros
- Vitalis Power from Aldi for 0.57 euros
- Sportness from dm for 0.95 euros
- Power System Professional bars from Rewe for 1.45 euros
- Power Bar from Edeka for 1.79 euros
Protein made from milk, whey and gelatin
There is a simple rule of thumb for the body's protein requirements - one gram of protein per kilogram of body weight per day. Protein is the most important part of protein bars. Whey protein, which is also contained in milk protein, has a particularly high biological value. The body can use it to produce a lot of its own protein. The body cannot produce its own protein from the ingredient collagen hydrolyzate (gelatine). So it is worth choosing a bar whose main components are milk and whey protein.
Protein bars contain sugar
According to the World Health Organization (WHO), those who want to live healthily should consume a maximum of ten percent of their daily calories in the form of sugar. It is even better to reduce the sugar to a maximum of 25 grams per day. That corresponds to about nine sugar cubes. The Edeka Power Bar alone already contains the equivalent of seven sugar cubes. The Sportness from dm contains only half a lump of sugar, but the sugar substitute maltitol. This can cause abdominal pain and, in large quantities, have a laxative effect.
Conclusion: pay attention to the sugar content and source of protein
Those who already consume enough protein in the form of meat, dairy products, nuts and legumes do not have to cover their protein needs with special bars. Nevertheless, protein bars can be a healthier alternative to other sweets and support muscle building after exercise. However, you should pay attention to the lowest possible sugar content and a high-quality source of protein such as milk or whey.
This topic in the program:
Market | 03/20/2017 | 8:15 pm
- How many divisors for 1000
- Should I buy a pension?
- What are the easiest companies to automate
- Why was John Nash schizophrenic
- What is your favorite melanistic animal
- How good is the Epiphone LP 100
- How is Google going to die
- Why can't I kill myself
- Secondhand smoke causes lung disease
- What's your recipe for meatloaf
- Is there any negative information
- Why did Twitter acquire BagCheck
- Is it bad not to hate anyone
- What is logistics services
- Which economic class are most entrepreneurs?
- Who did Vlad Dracula kill?
- What is Shopify Gold
- What is an inner planet
- What is collar bearing
- Is lilac wood safe for smoking food
- Which artist sang the song Mated?
- Why do you like to wear tight jeans
- What does BCC mean in Gmail
- Why is Donald Trump hated by Americans