Would someone like a free online course?
Who would like to learn interior design? Here are 8 free online courses
Interior design is widely viewed as a fairly subjective matter. But that doesn't mean there is no difference between good design and bad design. For example, if you want a certain room to evoke a certain emotion and it doesn't get carried out, you have designed it poorly. As Shari Hiller explains:
“A nicely decorated interior not only works well, it also creates a mood or a feeling and shows the personality of the family that lives there. Attention to these three important components - function, mood and personality - ensures the success of the decoration ”.
To help you familiarize yourself with these basic rules and the more complicated ingredients of great interior design, the following free courses and resources will get you started on the right track.
DecoratingStudio: The Basics
DecoratingStudio may not have the best website setup, but it certainly has some great content for decorating your home. These short-text and image-based “courses” are all completely free of charge, without registration. You will be guided straight from choosing a color scheme to choosing the right furniture, and from treating windows to creating a stunning room.
Each section of the course also includes some basic exercises to help you think through the content and allow it to learn a little more. This is a quick, high quality way to understand the basics of interior design before going into anything more in depth.
- Match existing colors in the interior
- How to measure a room
- How to measure furniture
BetterHomes: Practical guides
The decorations section of the BetterHomes website is filled with practical inspiration, professional tips, and do-it-yourself projects that will have your home remodeled in no time.
Navigating around each manual isn't the most targeted, but the actual content - a mix of images, videos, slideshows, and text - is all worthwhile.
- Design a traditional kitchen
- 39 Blank wall solutions
- How to restore a chair
Design 101: stay up to date with styles
The Design 101 area of HGTV is a treasure trove of information and ideas for contemporary interior design. Pay attention to the “Continue reading” link on the corresponding pages, as these can often go unnoticed. Under each of them “Class” page there is also a “We Recommend” section that suggests other relevant content to expand your knowledge of a particular area.
- Complete furniture glossary
- Trends in winter design
- Design styles defined
- 20 ideas for small bathrooms
DesignTripper: Interior Design Porn
If you're looking for carefully curated inspiration rather than step-by-step instructions or introductory courses, DesignTripper is a nice alternative to Pinterest. Spend a few minutes here and you are guaranteed to bring some incredible home ideas with you.
The blog takes you through beautifully designed homes, workshops, restaurants, shops and gardens around the world. Breathtaking photography depicts the story and feel of each case study.
- The salt box
- Mankas Inverness Lodge
A similar blog is A Bloomsbuty Life
Interior Design Basics: Rapid Fire Videos
This 53-part video course from HowCast is a great introduction to interior design. Each video is only a few minutes long, but contains advice from wise men from understanding your budget to choosing the best budget to creating the perfect bedroom.
By the end of the course, you won't necessarily be an expert, but you know what to look for as you begin setting up your next room.
- How to arrange furniture in a rectangular room
- Shabby chic decorating ideas
- Room decoration ideas for couples
- How to decorate your home without buying anything
Interior design sketch course
If you've always wanted to learn how to sketch like a professional interior designer, this YouTube playlist of 7 videos will help you get started. Each of the videos was created by a different user. Hence there is some overlap in the content. However, if you take the time to look at a few of these, you can get an overview of the basics when creating a room design by hand.
In the Recommended Videos List, we've also linked a couple that aren't on this playlist but have been earned.
- How to draw one and two point perspectives
- How do you draw a room?
- How do you draw a room with a perspective?
- Two point perspective wireframe space
Houzz: A decor community
Houzz is a 35 million member community that helps you transform and redesign your home. Since this is a largely visual website, there are a variety of curated interior photos (which you can easily save) to serve as inspiration. There is also an abundance of blog posts covering design topics, case studies, and tours of well-designed homes.
- How you care about your home library
- 10 ways to add WOW to your home
- Here's how to create a play area that looks great too
HomeStyleExpert: decoration techniques
Design is just one aspect of a perfect home. Decorating is just as important.
If your into decorating, this section from HomeStyleExpert will bring you the skills you need to learn basic DIY skills online with YouTube. Learn basic DIY skills online with YouTube's state of the economy, custom styles, and the availability of professionals and materials, there will always be someone who wants to learn a basic DIY knowledge before sticking the paper on the wall.
- Choose wallpaper and hang it up
- Decoration materials
- Tips for a perfect paint job
When you're ready to get started on your next interior design project, there are a number of other free resources online to make your life easier.
Free space planning software
- Floor planner
- Planner5D (mobile phone and tablet app)
- Create free mood boards in your browser
- Use this online color extractor to choose the color you want
- With one click you can see how your room will look in any color
- Download iOS DIY Droid: 6 Apps To Help With Your Next Home Improvement Project DIY Droid: 6 Apps To Help With Your Next Home Improvement Project Are you planning your summer renovation project? Start with some Android apps to guide you every step of the way, from inspiration to planning to building. Read More And Android DIY Droid: 6 Apps To Help You With Your Next Home Improvement Project DIY Droid: 6 Apps To Help You With Your Next Home Improvement Project Do you want to envision your summer home renovation project? Start with some Android apps to guide you every step of the way, from inspiration to planning to building. Read more apps to help with home improvement projects
- Save Money On Your Decorating Projects With These Websites Save Up On Decoration Ideas With These 11 Awesome Websites Save Up On Decoration Ideas With These 11 Awesome Websites With Decoration Ideas It's easy to spend lots of money in many areas of your life. Check out the list of websites that will save you money on decorating. Continue reading
As you can see, there is a wealth of information on the internet to help you learn more about interior design. The resources above are some of the best we've come across.
We hope you get the basics of interior design, some funky ideas, lots of inspiration, and a lot of practical advice and guidance here. The Best Graphics Tablets and Graphics Programs for Digital Design The Best Graphics Tablets and Graphics Programs for Digital Design We've rounded up the best graphic design tablets and software to use when you want to immerse yourself in cartoons and other forms of digital art. Read More
Adobe XD is powerful design software. Adobe XD: The Free UI and UX Design Tool You Can Use Now Adobe XD: The Free UI and UX Design Tool You Can Use Now Adobe XD is a fast mobile and mobile prototyping app Websites. In this article we introduce you to Adobe XD! Read More And if you want more free courses, check out Udemy Free Courses. Top 10 Free Udemy Courses Top 10 Free Udemy Courses Udemy has 80,000 courses to choose from. We did the job and brought together the best free Udemy courses for you. Continue reading .
What other tools, courses, and resources have you found helpful for your interior design projects? Have you tried any of the above?
Learn more about: Interior Design,.
- Which is the best power supply for instrument engineers
- Is Donald Trump educated
- What are Common Bad Habits in Marriage
- Is it worth attending Ashoka University
- You can get Yeezys at a discount
- What places can we visit in Dandeli
- Is the lunar space station permanent
- Has Sandor Clegane ever had sex
- How can I get custom patio pillows
- Is meditation safe after ingesting weed
- How can we improve online rating systems
- How much butter do you like
- What is herb frankincense used for?
- Is there an alternative to Apache Tomcat
- Who would you help 1
- Can appetite stimulants treat stomach problems
- What does New York Life Insurance do
- Do you dream in REM sleep
- How can you get a good reception
- Is Scotland a secular state?
- How do you feel about numbers
- Will the earth's core solidify in the future?
- What is wood used for today?
- What is unique about MOOCs
- A drip is integrated into Salesforce
- How do I train myself to invest
- Israelis hate ultra-orthodox Jews
- What is Siemens PLM
- Is the Epstein death a cover-up?
- What is a sample program for hibernation
- What is the treatment for hyperbilirubinaemia
- Is unrest a negative or a positive thing
- How can I use WhatsApp on the desktop