Why is the PHP platform independent
What is php
PHP is a computer language used to control web servers. It is distributed as free software under the PHP license. The abbreviation PHP originally stands for Personal home page tools, meanwhile the term Hypertext preprocessor understood by that.
It is a scripting language; Programs that are coded with it and saved as simple text files are converted into machine code by the web server when they are called up, with which the latter works "by default". To this extent, PHP programs are largely platform-independent and can be executed on different hardware systems.
The first PHP interpreter was developed in 1995 by Rasmus Lerdorf, who is considered to be the inventor of PHP. Back then it was a loose collection of programs that had been developed in the C programming language and were called from a batch processing file. The main aim was to receive input from web forms in a simple way, to process it and to mix it in output files. Embedded in HTML files, the PHP code supplemented static websites with dynamic information such as date and time or, for example, mixed in the input of users from order forms in order confirmation pages.
Today PHP has modern semantics and is available in ready-made installation packages for many operating systems. An extensive object-oriented programming language has grown out of this, which is now available in version 7.
The PHP infrastructure is installed on an estimated 82% of all web servers on the Internet. More than 200 million apps and websites developed with PHP are online. Over 5 million software developers use the programming language.
PHP is not only to be regarded as a syntactic-formal programming language, but also as a technical-strategic platform. Because when we talk about PHP today, we mean the PHP-typical syntax as well
- ready-made PHP installation packages (stacks) that are available for many systems,
- simple, partly symbiotic database connection and administration,
- widespread use by commercial web hosts, global infrastructure,
- diverse programming libraries available,
- Possibility to use well-tested open source solutions,
- Linking with professional IDE and development tools,
- rich information landscape,
especially the helpfulness of a broad community of programmers who have networked and whose specialist discussions are documented on the internet.
Since version 3 in 1998, PHP development was mainly driven by Zeev Suraski and Andi Gutmans. From this cooperation, Zend Technologies Inc. has developed, a company that is a leader in the development of PHP and offers consulting services around PHP. The company was acquired in October 2015 by Rogue Wave Software Inc., which focuses on platform-independent developer tools in the field of high performance computing.
- Can tourism cause damage
- How can butterflies fly?
- Who spams Quora the most?
- How do I overclock an RTX 2060
- What's normal for my heart
- What is the rule for the left hand
- How can I backup my phone data
- What if there is no referee
- Caffeine reacts with sodium hydroxide
- What can Islam learn from Buddhism
- How can I buy Symetium in India
- How is life going for you now
- Why is notation so important in math
- How does Facebook's targeted advertising work
- Was the Spanish Inquisition justified?
- Why is fast driving fun
- How have Eastern Europeans influenced Ireland?
- AI companies listen to voice recordings
- What are characteristics of impressionism in art
- How exactly does phishing work on Facebook
- What if I solve the Riemann hypothesis
- Greece has a future
- What is your favorite game of Assassin's Creed
- You can back up pictures to iCloud