How is China improving
Japan and China want to improve their relations
The two countries want to implement a long-planned mechanism for maritime and aviation security. Chinese Prime Minister Li Keqiang, his Japanese colleague Shinzo Abe and South Korea's President Moon Jae In will meet in Tokyo on Wednesday.
(dpa) Japan and China want to improve their relations and set in motion a long-planned mechanism for maritime and aviation security. To this end, according to information from the Japanese news agency Kyodo on Monday, both neighboring states are apparently ready to reach a compromise. For example, a group of islands in the East China Sea that the two are arguing about will probably not be mentioned by name in connection with the mechanism for maritime security, it said. A corresponding agreement is to be made at a meeting between Chinese Prime Minister Li Keqiang and his Japanese colleague Shinzo Abe this Wednesday in Tokyo.
Both neighboring countries lay claim to the archipelago called Senkaku in Japan and Diaoyu in China. Taiwan also lays claim to the islands and calls them Diaoyutai. The area is said to be rich in fish, and raw materials are suspected to be in the seabed. The planned mechanism - similar to that used during the Cold War between the USA and the Soviet Union - is intended to prevent accidental collisions in the waters or in the air. Kyodo reported that it was planned to start it up at an early stage.
Tripartite meeting in Tokyo
The military in both states had been discussing such a mechanism since 2008. Talks stalled when Japan angered China by buying some of the islands from private Japanese owners. But now the world's second and third largest economies want to improve their relationships. They recently resumed their economic dialogue after a break of almost eight years. It is also the first time in eight years that Li Keqiang, a Chinese prime minister, has come to Japan. He and his colleague Abe want to hold talks on North Korea with South Korean President Moon Jae In in Tokyo on Wednesday.
- What does it mean to be fascinated
- Are cargo planes put under pressure
- Why can't different species cross
- What's your favorite modern alien movie
- What is burn-up chart in agility
- How is Udupi tourism
- How many cognitive prejudices are there
- How do I give up alcohol
- Which country is famous for the Audi production
- Did the training of the Google employees take place successfully?
- How do I learn private international law
- You can eat with a temporary filling
- What do you think of RWBY
- People eat peacock meat
- Which tanks cannot penetrate themselves?
- How is IDES Indian Defense Estate Service
- What is the best cleaning conditioner
- Which fruit name ends with ra
- Are eyelash extensions worth it?
- What is minus infinity to plus infinity
- How do decentralized stock exchanges make money
- How ISPs Block a Website
- Can you see fireworks from Twin Peaks
- How am I supposed to cut my hair
- Was Hitler a good general
- How do I reformat my Windows Vista
- What is the difference between systematic taxonomy
- How tender is the best sirloin steak
- Does a blowjob feel good?
- What surprised you most when visiting Rome
- Which Android phone has changed the least?
- Why do some people sweat too much
- What is your opinion on casteism in India