Rick Santorum is a libertarian
It was an exchange of blows, like the one that had taken place in many of the twenty television debates of the Republican presidential candidates. Moderator John King asked Ron Paul why he called Rick Santorum "wrong" in a commercial (Spot: "Rick Santorum a Fake Conservative?"). The 76-year-old's answer came promptly: "Because he's not a real fiscal conservative." Santorum countered with a saying ("I really exist"), but Paul added: "I find it fascinating that all politicians in the election campaign assure that they want to save and reduce taxes. But when they are in office, they stay with them No promises left. That destroys our credibility. "
Credibility is Ronald Ernest Paul's secret weapon. A week before the ten primaries on Super Tuesday, two dozen activists are sitting in an office in downtown Columbus, Ohio's largest city. "We knew we needed a campaign center to coordinate the campaign for Ron Paul," says Joe Bozzi.
He's been coming here almost every evening since the end of January to spread Ron Paul's message and to hand out leaflets, pins, stickers and posters. The Texan will not hold any events in Ohio: He mainly focuses on smaller states in which caucuses held, where voters discuss applicants' programs before voting. At 38 Bozzi is one of the oldest, but his passion knows no bounds. "Years ago I read on the Internet about a tax increase that was passed in the House of Representatives with just one vote against. That vote against was Ron Paul," reports Bozzi while he is handing out checklists to the volunteers.
You will spend the next few hours on the phone asking the voters two questions: "Are you in favor of bringing our soldiers back from Afghanistan and do you think the national debt should be reduced?" When people say yes to both, Payton, 18, explains to them that Paul is the only candidate who has campaigned for these goals for years. Like many college students, Payton wonders how their generation will pay off the mountain of debt that Republicans and Democrats have amassed. She hates the constant quarrel between the parties and the lies of the politicians: "What I appreciate about Ron Paul is his persistence. He has remained true to himself over the last 30 years. He will not change just because he takes office."
Payton is not alone in her fascination for the odd MP: In almost all primaries he receives the most votes from the under-30s and he has almost a million friends on Facebook. No other Republican applicant has so many followers who invest their time and money. Payton has been committed to Ron Paul since her brother sent her a link to his election platform.
Paul's plan "Restore America" is rooted in libertarianism, that is, in the idea that the state should restrict the freedom of the individual as little as possible. The student is impressed by how detailed the Texan presents his reforms: In order to finance low tax rates, Paul wants to cut all development aid and abolish five federal ministries. The departments for energy, interior, education, economy as well as construction and urban development would be affected. He would be content with $ 39,336: that's the average salary of a worker in the USA.
- What questions do musicians hate
- Do you have pink underwear?
- Have been cured by alternative medications
- Which essential oils work for you
- Treats Neosporin scars
- TCM HD will come to Verizon FiOS
- How does Google monetize knowledge graph results
- Where does Himalayan salt come from
- Are hidden structured data important in search engine optimization?
- What does YouTube use to encode videos
- What is solvent definition
- What is an adaptive mean filter
- How do headphones get tangled?
- What is unlawful restraint
- Is sugar bad for your skin?
- How can I get custom patio pillows
- Can gaming headphones cause hearing loss?
- How can i lose muscle weight fast
- Why doesn't my new computer turn on?
- What are the best Morphe palettes
- What is lightning pulse voltage
- What are some political issues Canada is facing
- Can I link Quora to LinkedIn?
- What are the best SEO bookmarking websites
- What is the loss of intellectual autonomy
- What are some zero waste gift ideas
- Excessive bleeding is a sign of cancer
- Do you think experience is overrated
- Helps ping with search engine optimization
- Turnover is not a factor of production
- Who cooks the best chicken alfredo
- What are the components of the digital signature
- What was the Battle of Wandiwash