Did the training of the Google employees take place successfully?
Onboarding New Employees: A Guide
"What do you need an induction for? With us, new employees are thrown into the deep end. Nobody helped me back then either. Besides, we don't have time for that. "
Have you heard that before? An employee who is in the induction phase left to yourself is, each must Laboriously asking for information and only the right contact person find out.
Good training = investment for the future
He lacks the background, chooses an unusual approach, irritates colleagues and misjudges priorities. He makes inevitably mistakes. After all, he is made responsible for the reduced quality of work or the too long processing time, which is his Impaired motivation, the fresh vigor in the new job quickly destroys and can endanger his continued employment after the probationary period.
A good induction, however, provides the new employee all necessary information in a structured formso that he can successfully complete the first tasks and, based on this, master more demanding tasks efficiently. It pays off over the years and is an investment in the future.
Before the first day of work
What is of great importance on the first day is how the employee is welcomed becomes. Here you can immediately feel how well the department is organized and how much each employee counts. A good induction begins before the first day of work:
- Has someone been appointed to receive the new colleague or employee and explain the first steps and the locations to them?
- Is the workplace set up and can it be handed over cleanly?
- Are the IT systems activated?
- Will the line manager greet him? How is the “new one” introduced to the colleagues?
What does a good induction process include?
A good training is first and foremost an individual induction. A distinction must be made as to whether the new employee has already worked elsewhere in the company or whether he is also new to the company. It also depends on whether he has already carried out the same or a similar activity at another company or in another corporate unit or whether it is completely new to him.
Each department should have an induction plan with standard scope, which is then individually adapted, i.e. shortened or expanded, for the new employee.
The guide to successful induction
An induction plan should include the following 6 points:
- Organizational matters
- Corporate and departmental culture
- Performance standards and remuneration systems
- Working methods
- Intermediate goals for familiarization
The wealth of new information should be insmall units mediated.
1. Organizational matters
The new employee should be on the first day of work direct contact person for any questions during the trial period. This mentor or godfather can give an introduction to the general things that every employee should know if the direct superior does not want to take on this role himself. In addition, when selecting the sponsor, the supervisor should pay attention to the orientation effect he or she has on the new employee based on his or her own personality.
The organizational topics include:
- Working time and break regulations
- Time tracking
- Drink and food options
- Information systems
- private use of the internet and telephone
- Vacation planning and application
- Behavior in the event of illness and notification of illness
- important contact persons in the company such as first aiders, if necessary company doctors and works councils
One must not be forgotten Work safety briefing. Other important information are company agreements and work guidelines, such as travel guidelines and cost accounting.
2. Corporate and departmental culture
A management task for the line manager is to introduce the new employee to the Organizational structure of the company / department as well as in the Corporate philosophy to introduce. This also includes the vision and mission of the company / department and how the Goal setting process expires. It should also be discussed specifically which behavior is expected and which is considered unfavorable, e.g. the dress code.
The vital topics include how Knowledge and information documented and passed on and how meetings are prepared, carried out, logged and tracked. In particular, the direct supervisor should create clarity about how he is to be informed about work results and when he wants to be consulted in the event of deviations from the target or for decisions.
EXTRA: Promoting employees: Why bosses also have to be coaches
In order for the new employee to be able to carry out their actual core tasks, they need all the information and documentation that describe the task:
- Job and process descriptions
- Background and priorities
- Responsibilities and interfaces
- Process partner
- personal scope for decision-making
He should know what his contribution to the whole is.
Ideally, a colleague carries out one or the other critical task together with the new employee and supplements the information available in writing in a conversation. At the same time, he can answer specific questions. In addition, special IT applications that are only available in this department often have to be learned. It is also important to get to know all process partners and their way of thinking.
4. Performance standards and remuneration systems
The immediate supervisor should take the time to tell the new employee about his or her personal performance criteria to inform. In addition, it should also create transparency about how the employee receives feedback on his performance, how the salary system and salary levels are designed and what recognition options are available, for example the following:
- Job enrichment
- single payments
- Salary Allowances
- Official vehicle
5. Working methods
Especially when it comes to a new employee who has just completed his training or his studies, he should be supported in making his own Develop working methods. This can be done through a Time management seminar and in discussions with experienced colleagues, from whom he can receive various suggestions.
EXTRA: 5 really effective tricks for better time management
Working method is something very individual and there is no single method that suits everyone. However, it is important that you have a method at all and that you do not work in an unstructured manner. Organizing yourself is a prerequisite for doing the right things and doing things right. Organizing yourself also means work confidently, stay stress free and the receive necessary free time.
The supervisor should also give the new employee criteria as to when he should contact him because the work volume or the work content overwhelms him. In addition, it is the Duty of care of the superiorto prevent an overload of his employees.
6. Intermediate goals for familiarization
The supervisor should set intermediate goals for the induction, i.e. by what point in time the new employee should be able to achieve certain To do tasks independently. These intermediate goals also include Feedback discussionsso that the new employee has transparency about how his or her results are evaluated by his or her manager.
In addition, the intermediate goals should be based on the duration of the probationary period and subdivide them into a sufficient number of sections so that after the feedback Consequences can occur.
Sovereignty, success and satisfaction
The goal of every induction is to give the new employee all information, medium and Implementation options to hand so that he can work confidently and independently at the end of the induction.
The faster this succeeds, the sooner and more sustainable he becomes his work performance Business Unit Success deploy. He then has a good relationship with his colleagues and process partners, fully contributes his know-how and skills, uses resources efficiently and has mastered all processes and tools. Ultimately, this leads to the satisfaction of the process partners or customers as well as their superiors.
Book tip on the topic: onboarding
As a manager, train and integrate new employees successfully
Paperback: 33 pages
Publishing company: Springer Gabler
Watch it now on Amazon
- Why is inorganic benzene called borazine
- Why did Disney stop selling ticket books
- Can you still be friends after the breakup?
- Where did the Hawaiian pidgin come from
- When are jacaranda trees purple
- How do artists enjoy life
- What Devanagari font is used in WhatsApp
- Which sorting technique is not stable
- What if Frank Castle became Spider Man
- What are potential superpowers
- How do you open people
- Which is your favorite fictional animal
- What are IV antibiotics
- A 5 inch wrist is normal
- Where is the best male hairdressing school
- How profitable is a Chinese take away restaurant
- Why is acrylic considered a plastic
- Is Tableau a leader in BI
- What do you think about age
- What is luff windsurfing
- Are neurons responsible for human intelligence
- What are the different forms of Naruto
- Why is cashmere so valuable
- What is SpaceX's pay scale
- Which university is better for BJMC
- What are some visually best universe documentaries
- God and his angels use magic
- Why doesn't God just kill Satan today?
- What happens when a cop is shot
- Where is the rectum of the snakes
- What causes losses in underground cables
- Is broadband Wi Fi
- Am I a victim of racial discrimination?