How does elderberry syrup help?
Make delicious and healthy apple-elderberry juice yourself 344 7
The elder Almost everyone knows it, at the edges of the forest and roads it shines white in spring and black in late summer. Its small, black berries are not digestible raw because they contain hydrogen cyanide. However, when heated, the hydrocyanic acid is destroyed and what remains are the many healthy ingredients of the delicious berries.
Pure is suitable for healing purposes Elderberry juice, I particularly like to use it for a sore throat. You don't even need a juicer to make it.
Elderberry juice - production without a juicer
This elderberry juice is not quite as intense as mother juice from the juicer, but it is easy to make and just as effective. Wear an apron or dark clothing, as elderberry juice is highly staining.
- 1 kilo of elderberry umbels
- Juice of one lemon
- Muslin diaper
- clean and boiled bottles
Step by step instructions:
- Remove the thick stalks from the elderberries and leave the fine ones on
- Put in a saucepan with ¼ l of water
- Bring to the boil, cook for five minutes and mash the berries e.g. with a large wooden spoon
- Hang the sieve in a pot and place the gauze diaper in the sieve
- Pour berries and juice water through the gauze diaper and carefully squeeze out with your hands
- Put the press residue back into the pot and boil again for five minutes with ¼ l water
- Put through the gauze again and squeeze out well
- Mix the lemon juice with the elderberry juice and bring to the boil
- Pour hot into the bottles and close immediately
Depending on your preferences and taste, you can drink it straight or mix it with the juices of your choice.
Elderberries and apples
If, on the other hand, you make mother juice with a juicer, you get a very intense taste. I like to mix freshly squeezed, boiled elderberry juice with apple juice, so it becomes milder and the delicious elderberry taste comes out even better.
Not only elder contains valuable vitamins and minerals, such as B vitamins, iron and potassium, but apples are also very healthy. It is not for nothing that there is the English proverb: "An apple a day, keeps the doctor away." Loosely translated this means: “The daily apple keeps the doctor away”.
Apples contain many vital substances and vitamins. The apples of the old varieties that can be found on roadsides and in meadows are particularly healthy and tasty. Recently, these varieties have also been increasingly grown again on near-natural playgrounds and community areas. Maybe you also have a tree in the neighborhood to harvest? At mundraub.de you will find fruit trees that are freely accessible and can be harvested.
Tip: The varieties that don't taste so good fresh are often particularly suitable for juicing. Windfalls has the best ripeness and more sweetness than picked apples.
For sore throats, flu-like infections and iron deficiency can Apple and elderberry juice help. However, it not only has healing properties, it also tastes very good.
Apple and elderberry juice
Juicing takes some time, but nature gives you both elderberries and apples. You can find out here where you can get beautiful bottles for the juice at an empty price.
For about 1.7 liters of juice you will need:
- 1.5 kilos of elderberry umbels
- 2 kilos of apples
- fine sieve
- Muslin diaper
- cleaned and boiled bottles
This is how you do it:
- Juice the elderberries
- Hang the sieve in a saucepan and strain the berry juice
- Rub with a spoon so that only the seeds remain in the sieve
- Clean the sieve, hang it in a second pot, put the cheesecloth in it and pour the juice through the gauze diaper
- Carefully press the juice through the gauze diaper with your hands
- Also press the pomace through the gauze diaper, as it still contains valuable juice
- Juice the apples and pour the juice into a jug with a lid, the lid holds back the foam when pouring out
- Pour apple juice into the berry juice
- Bring the mixed juice to the boil, simmer for a few minutes, pour hot into prepared bottles and close immediately
The mixing ratio is variable. If you like the juice sweeter, just use more apples. Use more elderberries for a tart taste.
This juice is also suitable as a basis for non-alcoholic punch.
A bottle of the self-squeezed apple and elderberry juice is also a delicious and healthy souvenir for a visit to the sick or a nice gift with a nice label.
It's that easy to make elderberry juice. Not only is it healthy, it also tastes fantastic!
You might also be interested in my recipes for spicy punch and milk with clove root.
- What are some famous charcoal drawings
- What is a primary amine
- Varicocele surgery has adverse effects
- Windows Night Light reduces the blue light
- Must have shoes for summer
- Is bad from high school
- How is the operator doing in 2016
- Which street vendors in NYC accept Square
- Are women only midwives
- Habib Fanny ever sleeps
- What common household items do zinc have
- What is SoloLearn
- Will Bitcoin be safe if it goes mainstream?
- How spontaneous are Aquarius girls
- Is detergent bad for your skin?
- What are some good suggestions for weight gain
- What is the most depressing sport
- Why does Ayurveda not work
- Are quadcopters allowed in Jordan
- How do I attend Sandeep Maheswaris Sessions
- Which Harry Potter character could beat Thanos?
- How strong is Leo Messi
- Why is Liverpool so disadvantaged
- Everyone has a superpower