Take part in CMU alumni events
HPI Alumni Spotlight
Speakers: inside the HPI Alumni Spotlight
- Dr. Michael Perscheid, Representative of Prof. Dr. Hasso Plattner at the Chair of Enterprise Platform and Integration Concepts (EPIC) & Vice President for Strategic Projects, Technology & Innovation, SAP
- Lars Schmidt-Bielicke, Head of Dependability Automated Driving, BMW Group
- Dr. Alexandra Ion, Assistant Professor, Interactive Structures Lab Human-Computer Interaction Institute, School of Computer Science, Carnegie Mellon University
- Marvin Killing, Founder, Playtestcloud
- Christian Friedow, Software architect and front-end developer at the Charité
Brief biographies of the speakers: inside
Dr. Michael Perscheid, representative of Prof. Dr. Hasso Plattner at the Chair of Enterprise Platform and Integration Concepts (EPIC) & Vice President for Strategic Projects, Technology & Innovation, SAP
After completing his master's degree at HPI in 2008, Dr. Perscheid wrote his dissertation on “Test-driven Fault Navigation for Debugging Reproducible Failures” at the chair of Prof. Dr. Robert Hirschfeld and successfully completed his doctorate in 2013
He then moved to the SAP Innovation Center in Potsdam in 2014 and mainly worked in the area of development experience and programming models, but also coordinated projects such as Hasso Plattner's last book "The In-Memory Revolution" and his SAPPHIRE keynotes.
Since 2015 Michael has been head of the “Chairman and Strategic Projects” department at SAP. In this role, he led highly qualified, results-oriented, and technology-focused development teams to produce tangible results for high-priority inquiries from the Executive and Supervisory Boards of SAP. In May 2020 he returned to the Hasso Plattner Institute to head Professor Plattner's chair.
Lars Schmidt-Bielicke, Head of Dependability Automated Driving, BMW Group
As Head of Dependability for Automated Driving at the BMW Group, Lars Schmidt-Bielicke is responsible for the areas of functional safety, operational safety / SOTIF and cybersecurity. He graduated from HPI with a bachelor's degree in 2004 and has since worked in various tasks in E / E and software development for BMW (until 2011 as an external consultant, since then as an internal employee).
Dr. Alexandra Ion, Assistant Professor, Interactive Structures Lab Human-Computer Interaction Institute, School of Computer Science, Carnegie Mellon University
Prof. Dr. Alexandra Ion is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Computer Science at Carnegie Mellon University, where she heads the Interactive Structures Lab. She completed her doctorate at the HPI in 2019 at the chair of Professor Baudisch before she worked as a postdoc at the ETH Zurich.
Alexandra's research deals with the generation of novel materials and complex structures. Her work has been published and awarded at highly renowned conferences (ACM CHI, UIST, SIGGRAPH) and invited to internationally renowned exhibitions, including the Ars Electronica Center.
Read an interview with Ms. Ion about her research and previous career here.
Marvin Killing, Founder, Playtestcloud
Marvin Killing (HPI graduate class 2013) would never have imagined being an entrepreneur in the past. It was only during his studies at HPI that he began to be interested in startups. Together with his college friend Christian Reß, he developed the idea for PlaytestCloud and thus achieved first place in the 2012 HPI business plan competition.
Since then, PlaytestCloud has asserted itself in the market as a self-financed company, making it possible for more than 800,000 people worldwide to earn money by trying out video games.
Christian Friedow, software architect and front-end developer at the Charité
Christian Friedow is a software architect and front-end developer at Charité - Universitätsmedizin Berlin and part of an interdisciplinary team of software engineers, doctors and researchers. You are developing an open source health data system.
His responsibilities include contributing to the code base, reviewing code, maintaining the software architecture, and creating automated build and deployment workflows.
Christian obtained his master's degree at HPI in 2020 and then switched to Charité as a career starter.
- Why are oceans so scary
- Are GNC products overpriced?
- What is the meaning of ROM
- What happened on February 3rd, 1959
- What does intercostal
- What are some Romeo and Juliet theories
- What is the difference between CSUs and UCs
- What is a lifetime value
- How can you explain the silence
- What memos in life have you missed
- What is chunking in chess
- Have you ever experienced racism in Germany?
- Is it worth buying a Honda City
- What are some ideas for drawing contests
- Why do old people stop learning to drive?
- When do fish lay eggs
- Holistic doctors can write prescriptions
- Can you be constipated and still poop?
- Pilots believe in UFO
- What are the different names for singing
- What is a Boltzmann machine
- Where does the term inmate come from?
- What happens after 0 Kelvin
- Why two wedding photographers choose over one