X-rays can be harmful to a woman
How dangerous is x-ray at the dentist?
Even though the study suggests that excessive x-rays pose a potential risk to the patient, the researchers still do not recommend doing without this important diagnostic. Rather, the recommendation is to exercise more restraint when taking x-rays and to limit x-rays, whether analog on film or in digital form, to the absolutely necessary amount.
X-ray diagnostics are indispensable in dentistry, because tooth and bone structures can only be made visible with the help of X-rays. If you do not do it for fear of excessive radiation exposure or possible damage to health, you risk other problems, such as the loss of teeth or damage to bones and gums.
It is therefore better to deal consciously with the risks and to classify them correctly: The same radiation exposure as with X-rays occurs even with a flight of several hours. The natural radioactive radiation to which people are exposed due to natural uranium deposits in the earth, for example, corresponds statistically to a daily OPG at the dentist. Of course, an OPG at the dentist also increases this burden, but this additional burden is also directly related to the diagnostic benefit.
If you are still unsure, you should speak openly with your dentist about your own uncertainties and fears. When changing dentists, for example after moving house, the new dentist should be informed of the latest x-rays so that they can request the images from their colleague and use them for their own diagnosis. If, in his opinion, new recordings are nevertheless necessary, he should be able to explain this in a comprehensible manner and inform the patient about the risks.
And of course, large OPGs, i.e. x-rays of the entire jaw, should only be taken if they are absolutely necessary. This is usually the case with the anamnesis or with extensive interventions in different places in the jaw. If, on the other hand, only a single tooth or two neighboring teeth have to be examined, a detailed image of the affected area is sufficient, which the patient can and should demand.
- What are the exercises for increasing body size
- What is estrongs
- How am I going to cook a chicken
- What is the ECBA certification announced by the IIBA
- What is ancient Hebrew
- What is SBS modified asphalt waterproofing membrane
- Why do you love Jammu and Kashmir
- What do cats think of human language?
- Paranormal experiences are common
- Can you drink alcohol
- What is 120 of 15
- All psychopaths cheat on their spouses
- Why is plastic still used?
- Are blackberry fruits
- Which salt cannot cause hardness in the water?
- What went wrong after Home Alone 2
- Well worth selling the After Effects template
- What is a bezel crystal
- Why is sedimentation important
- What do geishas wear
- How does dialectic work in daily life
- How is IndiGo Airlines
- Is MobiKwik wrong or not
- Why is technical knowledge so cheap?