Why are villains in DC movies disappointing
DC Disappointment: Wonder Woman 1984 is almost a complete failure
Since last week, German film fans have finally been able to watch Wonder Woman 1984. The DC sequel is available to stream exclusively from Sky * before it opens in cinemas.
- For further reading: It's a miracle that the Wonder Woman movie exists
Our colleague Yves from the video team is also a big comic film fan and watched the blockbuster straight away. Even after the first Wonder Woman part by Patty Jenkins for him the best DCEU movie ever his disappointment with the sequel is even greater.
Wonder Woman 1984 doesn't have much more positive things to offer
In his video review of the DC sequel, Yves first praised the few aspects of the film that were successful for him. As in Part 1, he finds Gal Gadot again fantastic in the lead role. In his opinion, the dynamic between her and Chris Pine as the bizarre resurrected Steve Trevor is again a direct hit. Yves was also very convinced of Diana's character development in the film.
Check out Yves' full video review of Wonder Woman 1984 here!
After that there is no more praise for the DC sequel. Instead, he explains why the film disappointed him so badly. This is mainly due to the script. For Yves, Wonder Woman has 1984 one of the dumbest, craziest and most bizarre storieshe's ever seen in a superhero movie.
It doesn't look any better with many characters. Figures like Barbara Minerva played by Kristen Wiig or The Mandalorian star Pedro Pascal as villain Maxwell Lord are one for Yves embarrassing failure.
Overall, Wonder Woman 1984 seems more like a silly cartoon episode to him. Since he still loves Part 1, after the totally disappointing sequel, Yves is still excited to see how the franchise will work with him in the future third part already confirmed goes on.
The podcast continues to discuss Wonder Woman 1984
In the new episode of their podcast, our FILMSTARTS colleagues discuss Wonder Woman 1984. One of three likes the new DC blockbuster very much - and he stands firm.
At this point you will find external content from Podigee, which complements the article. You can display it and hide it again with one click.
This week, moderator Sebastian Gerdshikow is discussing with editors Julius Vietzen and Tobias Mayer.
* These links are so-called affiliate links. Moviepilot receives a commission when purchasing via these links or when taking out a subscription. This has no effect on the price.
- InstaNatural products are good
- How was the first computer in the world programmed
- Why is OpenShift written in Ruby
- How is Chania Greece
- There are several universes
- Would the Americans really vote for Bernie Sanders?
- Which civilizations have disappeared without a trace
- Why do intelligent people sometimes act stupidly?
- What are tuber foods
- What does a book editor do
- We have to be consistent
- Why does some wood sink in the water
- Could be purchased from Walmart
- Does the young love always end too early
- What is AI in Android
- Why should you use theories in your business?
- Marketing Why Use LinkedIn To Generate Leads
- What are the best features in Adobe
- How many northern countries fought for the Confederation
- Which drink smells bad, but tastes good
- Runs Docker on LXC containers
- Is rice a roni a processed food
- Will Spider Man leave Marvel
- What happened to Boudicca's daughters
- What is Epstein-Barr Disease
- Is it safe in Palestine?
- What does giving give you
- How is the classification related to evolution?
- How many children does Ozzy Osbourne have
- What kind of animal is Mukmuk
- Is going vegan a reasonable choice?
- How do you get mentoring