What screams i'm british
Letter documents close cooperation
The UK government has reportedly worked very closely with former Libyan ruler Muammar al-Gaddafi and put Libyan regime critics under massive pressure. That reports the Guardian with reference to documents that were seized in Tripoli after Gaddafi's fall in 2011. These should now serve as the basis for a damage claim by dissidents, writes the Guardian.
How deep the relationships were can be read from a letter published by the newspaper. In it, Blair apologized for the fact that a court prevented the extradition of critics of the regime to Libya. In addition, Blair thanks for the "excellent cooperation" in the fight against terrorism and writes: "As you know, I am anxious to develop this partnership further". Blair wrote the letter with the opening words "Dear Muammar" and ended with "Best regards, forever your Tony".
Gaddafi opponents are now complaining
London lawyers are preparing a lawsuit on behalf of twelve Gaddafi opponents, it says in the Guardian. Six Libyans, the widow of another, and five British people from Libya and Somalia, accuse the British government of imprisonment, extortion and abuse of office, among other things. The newspaper writes that the plaintiffs were arrested several times and mistreated several times in Saudi Arabia.
The documents also show that the British secret services MI5 and MI6 questioned opposition leaders a thousand times after they were kidnapped with the help of the British and taken to Libyan prisons. Both men report having been massively tortured. In addition, Libyan agents in Great Britain are said to have worked with MI5 and on several occasions intimidated opposition members who had been granted asylum in Great Britain.
Blair has always spoken out against torture
A Blair spokesman said it was no secret that Libya and Britain had cooperated in the fight against terrorism. "In order to dispel doubts," he also emphasized that Blair had always spoken out against torture and did not tolerate its use.
Blair was British Prime Minister of the Labor Party from 1997 to 2007 and is also under pressure because of the delayed publication of an investigation into the Iraq war.
- Why don't most Asians like Koreans?
- Are the people of Corpus Christi Texas friendly?
- Should physics be reduced to information theory
- Can you cash out Ethereum
- What do you like best about sport?
- Can you transform memories through lucid dreaming
- Jagannath Puri is good
- Goes yellow well with dark gray
- Why do guitar solos slowly die
- Why is the US saving less?
- Are values just a social construct
- What is the importance of space heating
- Why do you like to sing
- What is aging
- Which bowling alleys are the biggest challenges
- How do you mend road bike tubes
- Can 3D print a car?
- Will Russia return Armenia to Azerbaijan?
- You can still make money mining cryptos
- A sore throat can cause diarrhea
- How can I promote my coworking space
- How do you survive a terrorist attack
- How do bibliophiles flirt
- What are the earliest examples of democracy