What does that mean for a phrase
First and foremost is one phrase a statement or phrase that is denoted as meaningless or worn-out in the derogatory sense. The general title of formulations as is no longer very common phrase, since this is then understood to be predominantly derogatory.
In the context of linguistics, a phrase also mean a certain part of a sentence, which consists of several words that obviously belong together.
Analogous to its use in linguistics, is a phrase in the arts of music a coherent, melodic, rhythmic unit that occurs in a larger musical structure.
„phrase“Comes from the Latin word phrasis can be translated to “pronounce”, “display” or “say”.
Audio sample: Listen to the pronunciation
Phonetic transcription (IPA):[ˈFʁaːzə]
It is only irritating that in the “Traumhotel Brazil” there are unmotivated beauties in thongs running through the picture, possibly because the Austrian director Otto Retzer once started his career with sex films. The wooden dialogues, which are also indifferently recited by those actors who could actually do better, can easily be heard as a spectator, because it will phrase at phrase lined up and no cliché left out.
- Jens Bergmann, everything will be fine, brand eins 06/2012.
Subscribe for free and learn a new foreign word every day
Receive the word of the day every morning with our free newsletter. You can unsubscribe at any time. Your data will not be passed on to third parties for advertising purposes.
More interesting words:
ad hoc - The Latin phrase ad hoc usually means "from the moment ...
par excellence - The following phrase par excellence means "in the highest perfection". People,...
ad infinitum - Ad infinitum is a Latin phrase that translates as "to infinity" ...
quo vadis? - The educational language expression quo vadis is mostly used as an expression of ...
Boycott - The noun boycott has two meanings: the political and social ...
- How do I play PCSO Swertres
- What are combat skills
- What is a DMT plant
- What are your predictions for the 2013 Oscars
- What is forward resistance
- Your parents were good singers
- What do you know about Tesla's Cybertruck
- How to earn 10 crores
- Originally adhesive tape was called duck tape
- Why are your math skills flawless
- What's your RMO story
- How did Barty Crouch Jr. escape Azkaban?
- What is a sodden prayer
- Beatboxing affects the singing voice
- Stupid is NHL scheme
- How can I treat cancer with chemotherapy
- What is estrongs
- Why is inorganic benzene called borazine
- Why is blue considered a strong color
- Love and hate are exact opposites
- What's in your salad
- What is a poverty mentality
- Where are the jazz bars in NYC
- An essay has paragraphs and subtitles