What is ultrafiltration
The use of ultrafiltration has become of increasing importance, especially in the field of drinking water treatment.
Inexpensive polyamides, polysulfanes and cellulose acetates are mainly used as membrane material. For more information, see also microfiltration.
In recent years, new developments have also made it possible to use the chemically very resistant ceramic membranes.
Ultrafiltration is often used to recycle the water in a production process, in which the water that has been contaminated by the production process has to be treated into service water.
With ultrafiltration, the medium to be filtered is pressed with pressure through ceramic or plastic tubes with an inner diameter of approx. 0.5 - 2 mm. The actual filter are the porous walls of these tubes, the filter pores of which have a diameter of approx. 0.01-0.05 μm. In this way, dirt with a size of 0.05 μm or more can be reliably retained and rinsed out again at regular intervals. Dissolved substances and salts can pass through the membranes of the filter tubes.
The great advantage of ultrafiltration compared to conventional filter methods is that the filtered water is absolutely sterile. The pores of the UF membranes represent a reliable barrier for bacteria and viruses.
By bundling many filter tubes in filter modules, the necessary area is created that enables a greater water flow. Depending on the application, these modules are of different sizes and thus enable different filter capacities.
Properties of ultrafiltration:
- Complete barrier to microorganisms and particles
- The ultrafiltration can be fully automated
- By removing almost all of the substances that form the surface layer, subsequent membrane processes such as reverse osmosis can be operated with higher surface loads.
|Ultrafiltration (UF) in size comparison with known water germs:|
Links on the subject
- Why are mainstream rappers so ignorant these days
- Can ivermectin cure a pinworm infection
- How do fringe benefits affect the tax?
- Why do some men not have a beard?
- What's your favorite Persian word
- How can I improve my computer's performance?
- What religion did the ancient Romans have?
- What is Quavo's most successful song
- Are all massless particles their own antiparticles
- What a mistake is the 5th
- How to say partner in Korean
- What are some great concept cars
- What is single fissure disorder
- Has ISIS ruined Islam
- Which province is better in Pakistan
- Can water dilute a vodka
- What is a term in college
- What is hot and cold at different times
- Why do I hate everyone and everything
- Is it possible to ban tobacco?
- How is the night life in Newton, MA
- Are torrents still working in India?
- How much mucus does the body produce
- How are arthritis and arthralgia treated
- How do you rate the deliverability of emails?
- What is the tastiest atta
- What do Italians think of Antonio Negri?
- How do I install TTF fonts
- Why is meat washing dangerous?
- How did Periscope start
- Is Texas USA good or not
- What do Malaysians think of Malta
- Why has New York banned e-cigarettes