Most people like the Quoras interface
First of all: Yes, programming languages can be ends in themselves. Obviously they don't feel that way, but I enjoy getting to know new concepts and facing new challenges. In the past few years I've learned some programming languages, some superficially, some in detail. I had a lot of fun doing it.
They don't see why new programming languages can make programs more error-free. I'll just assume that you've never programmed in Rust or Typescript.
Rust introduces the new concept of "ownership", which can prevent data races by checking at compile time. None of your legacy languages can offer this feature. The fact that the compiler prevents certain things also forces the developer to think better about what he is actually doing there. Try it out and you'll find out. The language offers first-class possibilities for asynchronous programming, for network programming, for low-level programming without the baggage of 40 years that C ++ has to lug around with, because every few years you haphazardly add new features without being able to remove old errors.
I don't even know how you can get interested in computers in the first place. After all, mankind has survived the last 4000 years using slide rules as well. These can be understood by everyone regardless of any language, and they just work. No bugs, no internet, no open source, no levels of abstraction, just the right thing for your needs.
Seriously, if everyone mistrusted progress as much as they did, if the inventor of the fire ran away in fear, if the inventor of the wheel had waited for TÜV certification before daring to use it, we would still live in caves. Times change, and COBOL is really not suitable for modern uses
- Why is my printer printing extremely slowly?
- Is hypocrisy the existential human condition
- How can I stay focused while drawing
- There are rattlesnakes in Oregon
- What's the best concert of the 1970s that you've seen
- How is Guangzhou as a tourist destination
- Photojournalists are in great demand
- What was your most anarchistic moment
- Die forums
- How can research be useful
- Contain cola cans of BPA
- 216 is a perfect cube
- In what part of Asia is Pakistan located
- Should democracies have state secrets
- What can hemp leaves be used for
- Is related to Bob Iger to Walt Disney
- Helps turmeric with psoriasis
- Why is philosophy not interesting
- How much will a ship hold
- Where is flex tape made
- What does jazz mean
- What does the word kumes
- Prepare for the NEET AIIMS
- What is AI in Android