Where in Mumbai can I learn astronomy
Astronomy: the complicated dance of two black holes deciphered
For the first time, scientists have succeeded in predicting the timing of a dance that two black holes will perform around each other with particular precision. This is what a team led by Lankeswar Dey from the Tata Institute of Fundamental Research in Mumbai, India, now reports in the specialist magazine “Astrophysical Journal Letters”.
The researchers' study, which among other things also provides new information about the physical properties of black holes, deals with two gigantic black holes in the distant galaxy OJ 287. The larger of the two has about 18 billion times the mass of the sun, the smaller it still brings it to 150 million solar masses. The smaller black hole orbits the larger one and breaks twice in twelve years through the enormous disk of gas and dust that surrounds the larger hole. This creates an extremely bright flash of light, next to which the luminosity of the entire galaxy fades.
The orbit of the smaller black hole is, however, irregular: With each orbit it is inclined and changed - among other things by the enormous gravitational field of its larger partner - so that it resembles a rosette. Accordingly, it happens through the gas disk at extremely irregular intervals within the twelve-year cycle: Sometimes there is only one year between the lightning bolts, sometimes even ten.
- What is the multifactor theory of intelligence
- How do you heal spiritually from tragedy?
- Who are the greatest Hindi male singers
- What is a crane girder
- Bain consultant with a communications degree
- Is available to Nembutal in the USA
- What are some tourist attractions in Iran
- Which is better EE or ME
- Which is the best camera for 50,000
- Where is thrust bearing used
- Have viruses and fungi cells
- How does elderberry syrup help?
- How much money do news sites make
- How do I get badges on Reddit
- What is the NASA budget
- How do Lutherans read the Bible
- What digital Christmas gifts have you bought
- What is natural flavor in butter
- Hillary Clinton was a good first lady
- What's your favorite podcast on Spotify
- De Gaulle was a good general
- Rap music promotes violence
- What are the taxonomic categories of Linnaeus
- What are the amphibians of plants
- How do you open people
- Can mold grow at 50 humidity
- Hate Armenians in Armenia Turks
- What are the different print disabilities
- Is HF a gas or a liquid
- What do you mean by rain
- How does the dating change after 90
- Can I invest money in Muthoot?
- How can I replace bromazepam with Lyrica?
- Is there anything you would like to ask for help?