What does a quarter past 6 mean?
It is twenty to six (morning / afternoon).
It's twenty Minutes before six.
In everyday life, the time is usually given in an informal way.
- The 12-hour count is used.
- If necessary, you add In the morning, morning, at noon, in the afternoon, in the evening or at nightto make the time of day clear.
- You name the minutes first and then the hours.
- With the prepositions in front and to you can specify the interval to the full hour (plus / minus twenty minutes) or half an hour (less than ten minutes).
- At 15-minute intervals on the hour, the number of minutes is not given, but the word is used quarter:
5:45 pm: It is quarter before six.
6:15 pm: It is quarter after six.
- In the case of half an hour one does not name the number of minutes either, but says:
It is half + the number of the next full hour:
17:30: It is half six.
|12:00 o'clock||It is twelve o clock.|
|12:05 p.m.||It's five (minutes) to twelve.|
|12:10 p.m.||It's ten (minutes) to twelve.|
|12:15 p.m.||It's quarter to twelve.*|
|12:20 p.m.||It's twenty (minutes) to twelve.|
|12:25 p.m.||It's five (minutes) before half one.|
|12:30 pm||It is half one.|
|12:35 p.m.||It's five (minutes) past half one.|
|12:40 p.m.||It's twenty (minutes) in front one.|
|12:45 p.m.||It's quarter in front one.*|
|12:50 p.m.||It's ten (minutes) in front one.|
|12:55 pm||It's five (minutes) in front one.|
|13:00 'O clock||It is one o'clock.**|
* In some parts of Germany they also say:
12:15 pm: It's a quarter past one.
12:45 pm: It is three quarters one.
** The word is often used at full hours Clock. There is a special feature of the number one: when you use the word Clock used, they say: a. When you get the word Clock not used, they say: one.
- What is the dispute between China Tibet
- Does Harley Quinn have other names
- Can I use Vim as an IDE?
- Ecologists are heretics
- What are Warren Buffets most treasured books
- Does Loy Machedo have a biological child?
- Has San Francisco lost its charm
- What is the best fitness sport
- How do I delete Instagram followers
- Who has won the most NBA finals
- How are new IITs compared to VJTI
- What is the thermal dissociation of peroxides
- Is love spiritually physical or both
- Which tank has the most powerful weapon
- What are the richest people in Texas
- Can deepthroat damage the eating ear
- How do I prepare Pulao
- Where do startups usually have their offices?
- When does Alabama play Clemson
- How are experimental medical treatments carried out
- Why are hyenas so great
- Why shouldn't you drink soda
- Can we type hyphens on DoorDash
- What is dangerous about carbon
- What is onerology
- Monologue or dialogue
- Is Socialcruise a scam for Instagram?
- What is 4 6 5 4
- What is the limiting reactant of ammonia
- Why is Dr. House on house
- What happened to the 17,000 Bitcoin
- What does FRAG mean in military slang
- When should fewer acronyms be used?