How can I clean Oticon hearing aids
Maintenance of your hearing aids
You have taken a lot of time to find the right hearing aid. Regular maintenance of the device is important so that you can count on the help of your little hearing wonder for a long time. Hearing aid care is part of the daily routine for hearing aid users. The complete drying of the devices overnight is crucial. There are various aids for this: cans with drying capsules or electric drying cases. Soft cloths, disinfectant wipes and, in certain models, cleaning threads are used to clean the outside of the hearing aid. Don't worry: when you have received your new hearing aid, your Amplifon acoustician will explain exactly how to care for it. You will also find information on care in the enclosed instructions for use or under tips on cleaning hearing aids. You are also welcome to ask your Amplifon branch again and again if you have problems with the hearing aid or if you are not sure how to care for it.
By the way: Even with the best care, it makes sense to have your hearing aids insured. Discuss with your Amplifon hearing care professional which insurance is sensible and recommended for you.
Tips for hearing aid care and maintenance
- Hearing aids should be removed when swimming, showering or in the sauna as they are not waterproof
- Only use special cleaning products, such as a cleaning brush, and no sharp objects such as needles or scissors, which could damage the device
- A soft mat for the care of the hearing aids is useful to protect it from shocks
- We recommend using a dry box to thoroughly remove liquids from the hearing aid on a daily basis
- Neither alcohol nor water should be used for cleaning as these liquids can damage the hearing aid
Cleaning the behind-the-ear devices
Common hearing aid malfunctions
A hearing aid is a very filigree technical masterpiece in miniature format. If you take care of it on a daily basis, the devices can have a long service life. Tips on care and hearing aid maintenance can be found here.
It doesn't happen often, but every now and then a hearing aid can cause problems. The best thing to do is to come to your Amplifon specialist shop and discuss the malfunction with your competent Amplifon hearing aid acoustician.
However, you can try to correct some errors yourself. We have compiled a list of the most common errors and possible solutions for you here:
Problem: The hearing aid does not work
If you find that your hearing aid has stopped working, there are several things you can check for yourself.
- Make sure the battery is inserted the right way round.
- Replace the hearing aid batteries as a test.
- Check whether the hearing aid is possibly turned down.
- Check to see if the tubing is twisted.
- Check to see if the earmold is clogged with wax or liquid.
- For hearing aids with different programs: Check whether the correct program is set
The hearing aid whistles
- Turn down the volume on the device a little.
- The whistling can also be caused by pressure. If you are wearing a tight hat or cap, remove it from your ears.
- The sound tube is no longer elastic. Exchange it.
- In the case of in-the-ear hearing aids, the situation can sometimes be unfavorable. Try a slightly different position when inserting the hearing aids.
You haven't found a suitable solution here? Then please come to your Amplifon hearing care professional. He will be happy to help you competently. Should a larger hearing aid repair be necessary, he will take care of small repairs himself or, if in doubt, send your device to the manufacturer.
The hearing aid switches off
If your hearing aid just turns off or the hearing aid stops working, it could be for one of the following reasons:
- The battery could be dead; replace it as a test
- Moisture can be a reason to put the devices in a dry box overnight
- Check the battery contacts and clean the contact points with a cotton swab
- Check that the T-switch is in the correct position
The sound is distorted
If the sound sounds distorted with the hearing aid, you can do the following:
- Check if the volume is set too high or too low
- Check if the ear mold is clogged with wax and clean it if necessary
- Make sure the device is properly inserted in your ear
If none of these apply, we advise you to make an appointment with your Amplifon hearing care professional to adjust the hearing aid settings.
Do you hear poorly despite hearing aids?
If you cannot hear well despite hearing aids, there can be different causes. The hearing aid may have to be readjusted, as hearing can also improve or deteriorate over time. A more powerful model may be recommended if your hearing has deteriorated significantly.
Adjust the volume correctly
The first time you wear a hearing aid, you may hear sounds too loud or too soft. Background noises or their own voice can often be perceived as too loud by the hearing aid wearer. In most cases, the reason for this is that the hearing has received fewer and fewer acoustic stimuli and can no longer deal properly with the many ambient noises. With the new hearing aid, the brain first has to relearn how to classify sounds according to volume and priority. For this it is important to wear the hearing aids regularly despite the loud background noise. It is also common for your own voice to be perceived as too loud at first. Hearing gets used to this after a few days. When you get a new or your first hearing aid, the hearing care professional will ensure that the volume is set correctly. Nevertheless, you can independently adjust the volume of the hearing aid with two buttons at home. However, if you have been using a hearing aid for a long time and you feel that the hearing aids are set too quietly, make an appointment with your Amplifon hearing care professional.
- Why do you like hentai
- What should I carry to Europe
- Can you report extortion to the police?
- Are all massless particles their own antiparticles
- What is the journal entry for VAT
- Is it worth joining CSE in SRM
- Has anyone ever Improv Everywhered Improv Everywhere
- Is it illegal to go on YouTube?
- Why do people naturally deserve life
- What will replace the laptop
- Where do credit unions keep their money
- How does vacuum differ from air resistance?
- What are good RPG video games
- Can one injection of ceftriaxone cure an infection
- Why shut down torrent
- What are property wrappers in Swift
- What is the Chinese term for military
- What are the negative effects of workaholism
- What was the Maltese hawk made of
- Someone wears sleeveless shirts every day
- Can you die from the curves
- Will Amazon dominate the intelligent assistant market?
- Who invented the moisturizer
- What causes bad hygiene practices in restaurants