Why do kernels work
Kernel - what it does, how it works, and its types
The question of how it works is answered with a counter-question: What is a kernel not? The kernel is not a processor core, but the Operating system kernel. A kernel is also not an API or a framework.
Instead, you can Multi-kernel operating systems use different cores of a multi-core processor like a network of independent CPUs. How it works? Due to the special structure of the kernel, which is composed of a number of different components:
- Because its lowest layer is close to the machine, it can communicate directly with the hardware, the processor and the memory. The functions of the kernel differ along the five layers, from process management to device manager. The top layer, on the other hand, has no machine access, but creates the transition to the software.
- Application programs run on the operating system separately from the kernel and only use its functions. Communication between the program and hardware would not be possible without the kernel.
- Several processes can run at the same time via a multitasking kernel. Basically, however, only one process can be processed by a CPU - unless there is a multi-core system. The scheduler takes care of the fast process change, which ultimately feels like multitasking.
From the components, the four functions of the kernel derive:
- Memory management: Controls how much memory is used where.
- Process management: Determines which processes the CPU can use when and for how long.
- Device driver: Mediated between hardware and processes.
- System call and security: Receives service requests from the processes.
When properly implemented, the functions of a kernel remain invisible to users. He works in his own world, the Kernel space. Files, programs, games, browsers - in short, everything the user sees can be found in the Userspace instead of. The interaction of both worlds runs through one System call interface, the SCI.
- What is the business model of com
- How can you apply for Jeopardy
- How is IPS Indore for PGDM
- What did the life of thugs mean for Tupac?
- Is blockchain that safe
- Artificial intelligence can somehow replace football referees
- Why don't most Asians like Koreans?
- Why is octopus considered intelligent
- How does the hydraulic pump work
- What programming language is DOM
- Will Facebook really be closed
- How should Nathan Coppedge develop his brand
- How good is the AirFreez air conditioner
- How billboards catch fire
- Are absorption and attenuation the same?
- What are the best Norwegian bands
- Why does Morton Salt Sugar have dextrose
- How do you become a young VC
- What made people dislike Hillary Clinton?
- What is the need for embedded systems
- What are the original icon pictures called
- Why are your math skills flawless
- Can we type hyphens on DoorDash
- Is hiking better than hiking
- How many mg of midazolam is lethal
- Is Warren Buffett an atheist
- You like jazz You like smooth jazz
- What was your favorite 1995 action movie
- How do octopuses open glasses
- Is there a WhatsApp group for RPA
- Professional orchestral musicians use fingerings
- Why is my glans overly sensitive?
- Can I register a domain without ICANN?
- I will come to YOU at 93