How can I scratch tumblr data
Larynx, throat, or tonsillitis - treat a scratchy throat
Autumn and winter are the ideal times of the year to catch a cold. Then you should eat a healthy diet and strengthen the immune system. But what do you do if it does get you and you have a cold? A scratchy throat and sore throat can be the first symptoms of inflammation such as inflammation of the larynx, throat or tonsils.
Do you know the old expression angina - the word means tightness and the outdated expression indicates a symptom of the acute illness that is not particularly common, the sensation of a threatening narrowing of the pharynx entrance resulting from increased swelling of the pharyngeal tonsils. The tonsillitis is the result of a bacterial infection, usually caused by streptococci. The germs and the almonds multiply, but the surrounding area also turns red and swells. Typical symptoms are fever and difficulty swallowing.
In chronic tonsillitis, it is essentially the cicatricial changes in the pharyngeal tonsils that enable bacterial inflammations to occur again and again or for them to persist in stages, and since the scars cannot be influenced with medication, chronic tonsillitis is usually treated surgically and exists in the complete removal of the tonsil on both sides.
Symptoms of tonsillitis
In detail, you can observe different degrees and symptoms of the disease. In one case there is only a slight reddening and slight problems when swallowing and only a slight increase in temperature, in the other case the body temperature is very high, the pain is considerable and the findings on the tonsils with reddening and whitish deposits on the crypt openings in particular pronounced. There is a risk of infection through direct contact, for example when kissing or sharing cutlery.
Treatment of tonsillitisIn the case of tonsillitis, the ENT doctor will treat the disease with a suitable antibiotic, usually penicillin. The antibiotic itself does not help against a sore throat and fever.
- In addition, pain reliever and antipyretic medication
- If there is pain in the throat, warmth and rest apply
- Avoid Stress
- Wear scarves or scarves
- Envelopes with quark and healing clay packs are good
- Use lukewarm herbal teas, where sage tea has a disinfectant effect
- Anise, licorice, and marshmallow can relieve symptoms
- Gargling with special solutions like tea tree oil or eucalyptus helps
- Lozenges should slowly dissolve in the cheek pocket
- Red coneflower stimulates the phagocytes (scavenger cells) and supports the defense mechanism
- Ginger, propolis, the putty resin of bees, also help with sore throats
The sore throat
A distinction is made between acute and chronic pharyngitis, which is either caused by viruses or bacteria. This is an inflammation of the lining of the throat. It is also known as pharyngitis. The mucous membrane of the mouth and throat and the tonsils are often affected. A high fever at the same time can be a sign of angina. Sore throat can occur at any age. However, children are more often affected. The disease is transmitted from person to person in the form of droplet infection when speaking and sneezing. It can also be triggered by a bacterial infection with type A streptococci.
Symptoms of sore throatThe first symptoms of pharyngitis are a scratchy throat and sore throat, which are often unbearable. They can occur on one side or in the entire neck area. Difficulty swallowing and a foreign body sensation in the throat indicate that the mucous membrane is swollen. Food can only be swallowed with pain. In rare cases there is difficulty breathing. Earache is not uncommon. The back of the mouth is reddened. Other possible symptoms are:
- Runny nose, cough, or hoarseness
- Overall poor health
- Swollen lymph nodes in the neck and neck area
- Swollen tonsils
Treatment of sore throat
Lozenges on a natural basis or with a chemical agent have an analgesic and decongestant effect and are particularly well suited for use on the go. Medicines in the form of gargle solutions and throat sprays have a local anesthetic effect on sore throats. Furthermore, pain pills are used to relieve pain and improve your well-being. In the case of bacterial causes, treatment must be carried out with an antibiotic.
Home remedies for sore throatThere are some home remedies that can relieve a sore throat and improve your symptoms. Normally, however, you should expect the pain to last four to ten days. The following home remedies have proven effective:
- Inhale with a sage steam bath
- A cold neck wrap will relieve pain and make swallowing easier
- Warm wraps stimulate blood circulation
- Warm liquids with anti-inflammatory components like chamomile and sage
- Honey has an antibacterial and antiviral effect
- Warm milk with honey soothes the inflamed mucous membrane
- Gargle with a salt or sage solution
- Sucking special herbal sweets
Laryngitis, also called laryngitis in medicine, is when the lining of the larynx and the vocal cords become inflamed. It can have an acute as well as a chronic course. Typical symptoms are a severe sore throat and voice impairment. Mostly they are related to a flu-like infection (cold) or a real flu (influenza). In some cases, patients also have inflammation of the throat (pharyngitis), bronchitis, or sinusitis. In the acute variant, it is not uncommon for the vocal cords to be covered with purulent white deposits or thick mucus.
Acute and chronic laryngitisIn the case of inflammation of the larynx, the doctor differentiates between an acute and a chronic form.
- Acute laryngitis is caused by viral or bacterial infections
- It only lasts a few days
- Usually heals again without complications
- Chronic laryngitis occurs when symptoms last longer than three weeks
- Sometimes it arises from the acute form
- However, it can also arise from constant stress on the vocal cords
- Viruses or bacteria
- Heat or tobacco smoke
- chemical substances or dust
- crooked nasal septum
- chronic sinus infection
- Load on the voice
- Reflux disease
- Coughing discomfort
- overused vocal cords
- dry feeling in the throat
- rough voice
- difficulties swallowing
- Shortness of breath
- Larynx swelling
Treatment of laryngitis
Laryngitis is one of the diseases that require treatment. Without therapy, the disease can turn into a chronic form, which in turn carries the risk of degeneration into cancer if it continues for a long time. Consistent care for the voice is one of the most important pillars of treatment. Furthermore, the person concerned should absolutely avoid consuming hot spices, tobacco products or alcohol. Those who are exposed to harmful substances at work sometimes even have to change their job. It is considered helpful to drink water or warm herbal teas frequently. If bacteria are involved in the disease in the larynx, drugs such as antibiotics can be given. In the case of excruciating irritating cough, expectorant drugs relieve the symptoms.
Home remedies for laryngitis
There are also some home remedies that can help heal a larynx infection. These include, for example, eating chicken broth to keep the throat moist and inhaling hot steam. The addition of essential oils such as chamomile, lavender or sandalwood is considered helpful. Another useful measure is the use of humidifiers. Neck wraps are also considered quick help. To do this, a towel is placed in thyme or sage tea and wrapped around the neck after it has been wringed out.
Special features in children
Children often suffer from respiratory diseases. Sore throat and sore throat are the first signs of an inflammation of the middle ear or tonsils. Usually a high fever occurs. An examination is also necessary in order to rule out possible childhood diseases, such as diphtheria or rubella, or to identify them in the early stages.
Warm neck wraps and an onion wrap are particularly popular. Homeopathic remedies, such as drops for a sore throat, also work well. Injections made from beneficial essential oils are used for small children.
In general, you should always go to the doctor with your children if they complain of pain in the throat. With angina, children are usually in poor health and should therefore seek medical help, and above all because they cannot always pinpoint the pain. Because instead of tonsillitis, it could also be scarlet fever.
Apart from the conventional inflammation of the larynx, there are two special forms that occur particularly in children. These are the croup syndrome, also known as pseudocroup, and epiglottitis. In Krupp syndrome there is an acute stenosing laryngotracheitis. Children between the ages of six months and three years are particularly affected by this infection. They suffer from barking coughs, noises when inhaling and hoarseness. There is also a swelling of the lining of the larynx and trachea, which leads to a narrowing of the airways.
From Medizinfuchs editorial team
As medical editors from the fields of human sciences, veterinary medicine or homeopathy, our authors have a broad specialist fund, which covers the relevant subject areas of our portal in the form of advice for you. Their spectrum ranges from everyday complaints, moderate to severe illnesses, veterinary medicine, nutrition, baby & family and cosmetics. Our goal is to present you with a wide range of well-founded advisory texts so that you have quick access to relevant information and a detailed overview.
- Which is the best website build company
- Prince William has a stepsister
- How does blockchain reduce the level of corruption?
- Have viruses and fungi cells
- What makes a good video essay
- What does the word sirisiri mean
- What is the allopathic drug for depression
- Which is the lightest hydrocarbon
- Are Russians or Ukrainians Europeans?
- Thriller is the best Michael Jackson song
- Are sprints a good workout?
- Why do some people dislike ASMR videos
- Take training courses on NetSuite ERP
- The OnePlus 5
- Polymerization is a chemical reaction
- How many mass murders did God commit?
- Can I show my breasts
- Are hidden structured data important in search engine optimization?
- How was Justice Scalia personally
- Are non-humans superstitious
- In which language family is Thai
- How do I find my internet password
- What is KtxR in chess
- Why can't I bear to see burned bodies?