How many SharePoint administrators are there
About the SharePoint admin role in Microsoft 365
- 2 minutes to read
Global admins in Microsoft 365 can assign users the SharePoint admin role for help with administering Microsoft SharePoint.The global administrator role already has all SharePoint permissions The global admin role already has all the permissions of the SharePoint admin role. For information about assigning the SharePoint user administrator role, see Assign admin roles in Microsoft 365 for Business.For info about assigning a user the SharePoint admin role, see Assign admin roles in Microsoft 365 for business.
Users assigned the SharePoint admin role have access to the SharePoint admin center and can create and manage sites (previously known as "site collections"), set site administrators, manage sharing settings, and more SharePoint admin center and can create and manage sites (previously called "site collections"), designate site admins, manage sharing settings, and more.
SharePoint admins can now manage Microsoft 365 groups, including creating, deleting, and restoring groups, and changing group owners.
Global admins and SharePoint admins don't have automatic access to all sites and each user's OneDrive, but they can can give themselves access to any site or OneDrive. You can also use Microsoft PowerShell to manage SharePoint and OneDrive. They can also use Microsoft PowerShell to manage SharePoint and OneDrive. See below for more information on the most important tasks of SharePoint more about this role's key tasks of the SharePoint admin below.
Site admins are users that have permission to manage sites, including any subsites. They do not need an administrator role in Microsoft 365 and do not have access to the SharePoint admin center. They don't need to have an admin role in Microsoft 365, and aren't given access to the SharePoint admin center.
Global admins, SharePoint admins, and site admins all need to be assigned a SharePoint license.
There is a separate role within SharePoint conceptual Store administrator.There is a separate role within SharePoint called the Term store administrator. Users assigned this role can add or change terms in the term store (a directory of common terms you want to use across your organization). For more information, see Assign roles and permissions to manage term sets.
Key tasks of the SharePoint admin
Here are some of the key tasks users can do when they are assigned to the SharePoint admin role:
About Microsoft 365 admin roles
Getting started with SharePoint Online Management Shell
- Why should an engineer study economics?
- Why do people worship God
- What are the different binaural beats
- What is more important than it costs
- Why is the guitar the coolest instrument
- How should I prepare for Algebra Regents
- Is Nexus a continuous integration tool
- Are there vacation breaks during the stay?
- How repressive was Victorian society
- Where did King Pandu go during Vanvas?
- What gets you in the seasonal mood
- Is an occupational therapist a good job
- Is Fyers Securities a trusted broker
- Is crowdfunding better than a small business loan
- Can we use our cell phones in space?
- The Timurids were Muslims
- Which artist sang the song Rhiannon?
- When is a matrix consistent
- Why does cancer develop
- Who starred in the movie Philadelphia
- Why are hyenas so great
- You can recycle fabric
- What do I have to exist
- What does the cooking school cost