Is hegemony possible without constant war?
Thirty Years' War
is Professor of Political Science and holds the Chair of Political Theory at the Humboldt University in Berlin. He is a member of the Berlin-Brandenburg Academy of Sciences. His most recent publications include "The Thirty Years War. European Catastrophe, German Trauma, 1618–1648" (2017). [email protected]
Could the Prague window lintel really have been the cause of such a war? After all, no one was killed in the process: the two Habsburg state holders survived the fall from the windows of Prague Castle, as did their secretary, which the rebellious nobles had thrown after them. Only one of the three suffered major wounds. In principle, this demonstrative act of rebellion against the Habsburg rule in Bohemia was something like a happening, in which an earlier lintel in Prague, in which the "defenestrians" certainly died, was re-enacted. After this act of resistance, the Bohemian King Ferdinand could have negotiated with the representatives of the estates; He would probably have succeeded in breaking open their temporary unity in order to subsequently find a compromise that was acceptable to both sides. His predecessors Rudolf and Matthias had done this repeatedly. Why did Ferdinand not follow her example?
- What is the Chinese word for help?
- Are PET plastic bottles made from oil
- I deserve something in life
- What is a natural approach
- How to massage a sprained ankle
- What do you dislike about Colorado
- Why has Tiffany Trump lost its popularity?
- What is your proudest possession
- What is reserve capital 1
- Which casino in California accepts checks?
- Mobile payments should be free for merchants
- Ayurvedic logic is an outdated logic
- Why do spammers fill out forms
- Why is my bathtub leaking underneath
- Who would win Doomsday or Bizarro Doomsday
- What is a constituent assembly
- When will no new Bitcoin be issued?
- If 11X 12 120 Find X.
- Why is it judged that people like kpop?
- What is your worst experience of the night
- Why are the Oscars so hyped
- A very weak person can succeed
- What is the minimum variance coverage rate
- Can a smoker become a USAF pilot
- What is the Chaplains Corps
- When did monogamy begin?
- How much is your monthly car insurance
- Why do people hate C-pop
- What's the best way to politely decline
- What is Laminated Manufacturing
- Women like tough men
- What causes swollen cheeks and gums
- What is method overload
- Has Mexico Taco Bell