Are spreadsheets useful for calculating GST?
If all you need is a simple invoice, this free invoice template for a small business selling products should fit the bill.
This invoice template is for small businesses that do not need to collect federal taxes in Canada (small suppliers who by definition do not need to charge GST (Goods and Services Tax) or HST (Harmonized Sales Tax) and do not do business in a province in which they are Provincial Sales Tax (PST).
(Remember, there is no small supplier exemption for PST).
You can use this free invoice template as a model for your own simple invoices and if you want you can copy and paste it into MS Word or Excel or any other word processor or spreadsheet and replace your relevant data with your own customized business letterhead. Formatting of the invoice template as desired.
What must be on the bill
There is certain information that must always be on the invoice, including:> Your company name and address
- the invoice number, for you and your customer's accounting records
- the date of the invoice
- the p name and address of the seller (if necessary)
- a brief description of the goods or services provided
- the total amount paid or payable
- the payment conditions
- the return policy, if applicable
|Bill number:||________________||Suite 7, 140 Atlantis Drive|
|Invoice date: Orlia, Ontario L3V 0A8||1-888-888-888|
|To: Ms. Alana Pendergast|
|Seaweed Super Rejuvenating Night Cream||$ 82. 00||1||$ 82. 00|
|Wet Glow Wrinkle Reducing Eye Treatment||$ 43. 00||2||$ 86. 00|
|Total||168 $. 00|
|Terms of payment: Payment within 30 days of the invoice date||Note that this invoice template does not include a business number (sometimes called a GST registration number) as I assumed that a small business that was not a GST / HST registrant and would not have a business number.||Of course, if your small business has a business number, you'd write it on your invoice.|
|Terms of payment|
|Please also note the declaration at the end of the invoice that the invoice amount is due within 30 days. You will often see invoices that say "Payable on receipt", but that's just a problem because you don't necessarily know when your customer or customer will see the invoice after you've sent it. Using a specific Terms statement like the one on this invoice will give you a due date and avoid collection problems. For more information on how to get paid faster, see Closing the Cash Flow Gap.|
If you are selling returnable products, you should include the return policy on the invoice. The return policy should include:
whether an invoice has to be attached to the returns
whether the product is refundable and / or exchangeable
Conditions for Damaged or Defective Goods
the return period, for example "items can be returned within 30 days from the date of purchase"
- Accounting software makes invoicing easier
- Invoices are even easier to do when you use accounting software. The accounting software designed for small businesses can not only be used as a POS system (point of sale) and print out invoices on site, it also makes it easier to calculate and track taxes such as the GST / HST.
- Accounting software packages allow you to easily customize your invoices with your own logo. Many features have features like auto billing so you can create recurring invoices and / or automatically bill your customer's credit card. Some also allow billing in multiple currencies so you don't have to worry about calculating the exchange rates between currencies.
- Other free invoice templates
Here are more free invoice templates for your small business that you may find useful.
Invoice template with HST (Harmonized Sales Tax)
Invoice template with GST (goods and services tax) & PST (provincial sales tax)
- Use invoices to promote promotions < promos="" mit="" rechnungen="">
- Why isn't Apple updating the Apple TV
- How can humans cause a global cooling
- Is it turn around or turn around
- Were you loved as a child
- Why do some people like intense people
- What is the programming language for cryptography
- What is free energy in simple terms
- What is the difference between paranoia and fear
- Aggravates self-harm mental illness
- Where is Sambit Patra these days
- What is the tastiest atta
- What is Zomato Piggy Bank
- Are you generally anxious?
- Who is the voodoo god
- What are mobile storage services
- What is onerology
- Why is any lung scar considered a fibrosis
- Which trends are revolutionizing social e-commerce?
- What is the temperature of a flame
- How bad is the juvenile prison
- Mobile payments should be free for merchants
- Why are there glowworms on Vancouver Island?
- How do you start with TikTok
- Which is better Raees or Kabil