Which is the car of the year
Toyota Yaris is "Car of the Year" in Europe for 2021
Tastes in Europe are different, including when it comes to cars: Many countries do not have their own car manufacturers and therefore do not have patriotic glasses. This is evident not only in the new registrations, but also in the vote for "Car of the Year" (COTY) in Europe. Somewhat surprisingly, the new Toyota Yaris won the title for 2021.
The award ceremony took place in Geneva on Monday March 1st, 2021 and was broadcast live on the website of the Geneva International Motor Show, whose team organized the ceremony for the tenth time in a row.
A 59-member jury, made up of automotive journalists from 22 countries, selected the winner from seven models that made it into the finalists' round in the first round of voting. With the trophy for "The Car of the Year 2021", the Toyota Yaris wins the most prestigious and coveted award in the automotive world, which has been presented since 1964.
This also makes the Yaris the first Japanese model since 2011, when the Nissan Leaf won. Japanese brands have won the title four times so far, and the Toyota Yaris did so in 2000. The voting results of the seven finalists of "The Car of the Year 2021" are as follows:
Toyota Yaris: 266 points
Fiat New 500: 240 points
Cupra Formentor: 239 points
Volkswagen ID.3 .: 224 points
Skoda Octavia: 199 points
Land Rover Defender: 164 points
Citroën C4: 143 points
The placements of VW ID.3 and Skoda Octavia are quite surprising, with a clear gap in fourth and fifth place.
Matt Harrison, Executive Vice President, Toyota Motor Europe: "This is a great honor for Toyota and I would like to thank the jury for their consideration and appreciation. I would also like to take this opportunity to recognize the passion of our development teams in Europe and Japan. This is the best Yaris ever, and just as Akio Toyoda intended, it is already bringing a smile to our customers' faces. "
We particularly like a Yaris:
The title "Car of the Year" has been awarded in Europe since 1964. The first winner at the time was the Rover 2000, the first German title holder of the NSU Ro 80 in 1968. The Toyota Yaris inherits the crown from the Peugeot 208, which won the 2020 award.
Photo gallery: Toyota Yaris Hybrid (2020)
- Why do people want social authoritarianism
- Why is GTA 6 not released yet
- Which is the best school in Kadapa
- Why do big cities make me restless
- Why are the comic worlds not possible
- How can I stop period pains quickly
- What do you know about Tesla's Cybertruck
- Is it illegal to go on YouTube?
- What is Beachworld by Stephen King about
- Is Bangalore a safe place to party
- What is the reason for excessive farting
- Video games have a bad impact on children
- Is Cointiply real
- What are the best video making tools
- What is an automatic transmission
- Good photography needs good light
- Can you live without rice
- Has given Adolf Hitler animal rights
- What topics are prohibited at work
- What is cultural uniformity
- What is a hydroponic plant
- Where is Zarahemla
- How can I calculate without a calculator
- We have to be consistent
- What is there to know about Banksy
- What is an Adoption Services Manager
- Schools should look for student cell phones
- There is an excursion for NIFT students
- What does not parametric mean
- Deliver Amazon Prime to Hawaii
- Where did you have the best gazpacho
- Time is a loop
- How good is Cars24
- How much trash is there on the beaches of California