What is the cure for hard cervix
What to do in case of premature labor
How does the treatment work?
Since Elena Salerno was not infected, the doctors prescribed bed rest and high-dose magnesium infusions. "Magnesium has an antispasmodic effect and can weaken contractions or make them subside completely," says Claudia Schumann. The effect has not been scientifically proven. Risks are discussed. Doctors must therefore carefully weigh up whether magnesium is advisable orally or as an infusion.
With Elena Salerno, the situation initially remained critical. "As a precautionary measure, I received a cortisone injection to help the child develop the lungs. It was then that I realized the seriousness of the situation." Nevertheless, the expectant mother let herself be released at her own risk after a week in the hospital. She was stressed by the idle lying around and worrying in the clinic. "I could also lie down at home. And I had my gynecologist closely monitor the cervix and contractions," says Elena Salerno. In such a situation, it is important to give the woman courage and to establish good communication between the doctor and the pregnant woman, says Schumann.
Therapies in transition
While strict bed rest has long been considered the drug of choice, studies have shown that it is not effective. Physical rest is usually sufficient. A so-called cerclage, the surgical closure of a weak cervix, is only used in special cases, for example a shortened cervix.
Drug inhibition of labor (tocolysis) is still used. However, mostly with drugs with fewer side effects and only for a few days. "The administration of progesterone, a hormone that stabilizes pregnancy, has established itself," says Schleussner. "Studies have shown that, under certain conditions, the risk of premature birth can be reduced by up to 40 percent through vaginal administration of progesterone." But not all health insurances cover the costs.
Nobody knows whether magnesium, loungers or other measures stabilized Elena Salerno's pregnancy. Sure is the happy ending. "Our son was even born a week after the appointment," says the mother.
- Is more useful to Clint Barton than Ronin
- What is x if 99x 3
- What is your special biryani recipe
- What makes life frustrating for disabled people
- What are the benefits of indoor climbing
- Why do bantams stop laying eggs
- Invites meditation demons
- Why are alkenes rich in electrons
- Is it worth using IMS infrastructure management services
- Is it possible to sharpen this knife?
- How are CPU coolers made
- What do 4 sirens mean
- Teaches us math all about life
- How to Make Money While Studying in College
- Should Punjab be separated from India
- What is the hardest metamorphic rock
- Is philosophy all about asking questions?
- What is Alpha Channel Transparency
- What is 2 2 1 8
- An empathetic person can turn into a murderer
- Who is sebi
- What is Verbal Behavior Therapy
- Are you in love single now
- How repressive was Victorian society
- Which plugins can you recommend for mastering?
- Do you have a tail
- Is fog good for the environment?
- Does Java support a friend function
- Willow kitties are poisonous to cats
- What came before Proto Indo Europaeer
- How is cobalt refined
- How can we develop Jharkhand
- What causes the most broken bones
- Which technologies does Tracelytics use