What loan fees are tax deductible
With the private lender, income (interest, discount, credit fees) from granting a loan leads to income from capital assets. For the corporate lender, income from a loan is operating income.
Private but also corporate borrowers can only claim the expenses (interest, discount, credit fees) for a loan (but not the loan itself) for tax purposes if they are related to the generation of income. This will regularly be the case with corporate borrowers. For them, the loan costs (e.g. interest) are to be recorded as business expenses. In the case of private borrowers, income is generated, for example, if a house is acquired with this loan for the purpose of renting or if the car used for professional purposes is partially or fully financed by credit. For private borrowers, the interest / discount is deductible as income-related expenses for the corresponding types of income.
Loans among relatives are subject to arm's length comparisons. This means that the design and implementation of the contractual agreements must correspond to what is customary between strangers. This includes: naming the term and loan amount, issuing collateral and calculating interest on arrears. If the loan does not correspond to the arm's length comparison, the tax recognition of the loan costs can be denied.
In the case of a non-interest-bearing loan, the interest advantage for the borrower is subject to gift tax. (Cologne Finance Court, judgment of 09/30/2009, file number: 9 K 2697/08).
Laws and Judgments (Sources)
Section 4 of the Income Tax Act
Section 12 of the Income Tax Act
FG Cologne 09/30/2009, 9 K 2697/08
The little pension guide
Pension experts will answer your questions and provide an overview of your pension entitlements through the basic pension and flexi pension as well as through the pension reforms and the pension adjustment as of July 1, 2021: pension supplement through the basic pension, better additional earning opportunities through the flexi pension, compensation of pension deductions at 50 years, increased Maternal pension, pension from 63 and higher disability pension.
- What does Unix Shell Scripting mean
- You can post your favorite screenshots
- What is the use of life data
- What's better than tacos
- You can target Facebook ads by state
- Can I set up a Netflix account?
- What should I wear in LA?
- What is Quavo's most successful song
- Photons have a small magnetic field
- How do I increase the productivity in the factory
- What is a chip in the motherboard
- Is psychosis better than real life
- What are free secure iPad applications
- Why can't i root Gionee P5L
- What are some well-designed document dashboards
- How many people could Iceland support?
- Why is copyright legal
- How was your experience at UC Boulder
- How do fiction books help improve personality
- What are some incredible vintage photos
- How do I prepare for the IAS exam
- What is society forcing you to believe?
- Think some monkeys
- Are MGTOWs against women who vote