Is it normal to have 28 teeth?
Change of teeth
On these pictures you can see at what age the first teeth erupt:
For small children between 6 and 24 months, i.e. from ½ to 2 years. They say "break through" because the teeth first have to grow out of the jawbone and through the mucous membrane before they can be seen.
They are called "milk teeth" because they grow when babies are still breast-fed.
The milk teeth - 10 each at the top and bottom, i.e. 20 together - are completely replaced by new teeth between the ages of 6 and 13.
During this time children lose one tooth at a time; and soon a new tooth will grow in the same place for it. Sometimes regrowth takes only a few days; sometimes you have a bigger gap for several months until the new teeth have arrived.
You see the gaps in the 1st and 2nd school year more often in boys than in girls. From the age of 6, the first permanent molar grows behind the milk molars. At the age of 12 to 14, a second large molar is added. So by the 7th or 8th year of school you have 28 permanent teeth.
Most people have a third large molar tooth that grows back on each side when they grow up. That is why these teeth are also called "wisdom teeth". A complete adult dentition therefore has 32 teeth.
Example for the mixed dentition of an approx. 8 year old child:
The 2 incisors and the 1st permanent molar above and below have completely erupted.
The milk molars (gray in the picture) are still completely intact. The permanent 3rd, 4th, 5th and 7th teeth are still growing in the jaw.
The tooth change does not begin here until around 9 years old.
⇒ back to information for kids
- Is entrepreneurship risky for an introvert
- ClassPass is worth it
- Is the Halo device legitimate for neuroscience
- How many cities are there in Bangalore
- Which section of anatomy is the most difficult
- Why are Kant's ideas important
- Who is responsible for a film color palette
- What is the attraction of knives
- Evil spirits are evil as evil people
- How quickly can someone complete the CIMA?
- Who is the best dancer in the Telugu industry
- What are the best beaches in Nicaragua
- Is Tripura a Bengali state
- What are examples of a monopoly competitive market
- How can a forehead pimple be removed
- How do axolotls turn into salamanders
- What are free secure iPad applications
- What are ceramic matrix composites
- Life is full of emotions
- Do you do crossword puzzles or word searches
- Where can I resell my unused medication
- Can someone stop Hillary Clinton?
- How to say partner in Korean
- How to crochet hair
- Remains spray paint on leather shoes
- Used with Himalayan pink salt to clear acne
- What is the demon king in Japan
- Can you talk while kissing
- Scientology has a Bible
- When should you use a compression bandage
- Has Maggi noodles or tastemaker lead
- How does the Montessori approach help teachers
- What can Islam learn from Buddhism