Would Roland Bartetzko consider a visit to Serbia
Cultural politics and national identity
Political scientists have largely left cultural policy to other disciplines. The author therefore understands this volume as a plea for greater consideration of cultural policy in his subject. In the studies in this volume, all areas of cultural policy are first defined and compared with other countries. The author then focuses on the areas in which culture is used to create national identity - from state architecture to monument preservation. In history (Prussia as the largest state before a unified Germany set standards) and in the present, Germany has shown a strong federal fragmentation of cultural and political activities. The author's thesis is that this has not only proven to be a disadvantage. On the occasion of the reunification of the two German states, the federal government assumed wide responsibilities for the preservation of the cultural heritage, for which it seemed hardly equipped with competencies according to the Basic Law.
GDR Basic Law Cultural Policy Political Science Political Scientist Social Policy State Control Environmental Protection Constitution Reunification National Identity Political Theory
About the authors
Professor Dr. Klaus von Beyme is director of the Institute for Political Science at Heidelberg University.
- Book TitleCultural Politics and National Identity
- Book Subtitle Studies on cultural policy between state control and social autonomy
- AuthorsKlaus von Beyme
- DOIhttps: //doi.org/10.1007/978-3-322-97085-5
- Copyright InformationVS Verlag für Sozialwissenschaften | Springer Fachmedien Wiesbaden GmbH, Wiesbaden 1998
- Publisher NameVS Verlag für Sozialwissenschaften
- eBook PackagesSpringer Book Archive
- Softcover ISBN978-3-531-13191-7
- eBook ISBN978-3-322-97085-5
- Edition Number1
- Number of Pages, 253
- Number of Illustrations3 b / w illustrations, 0 illustrations in color
- Topics Political Science
- Buy this book on publisher's site
- Mining is making a comeback
- How to Overcome Depression 24
- How do you defend yourself against snipers?
- What are your favorite YouTube reaction channels
- Where do I get manufacturers of compression machines from
- Why are mainstream rappers so ignorant these days
- Which is better HeySphere Zwerl or Upwork
- Are Sony phones still relevant in 2020
- How can a teenager actually be cool
- What is an OPPS computer
- Who can represent Poland at the Olympic Games?
- What acid is present in saliva?
- Who were the women who built America
- Can Bill Clinton run against Hillary Clinton
- How does gardening help people
- What happens when a cop is shot
- What is my actual and real identity
- Hospitals Why scrubs are usually blue
- How do I design my own garden
- What does hot mean
- Healthier is a burrito or burrito cup
- Can a bipolar person be happily married
- How can I compose better?
- Which university is best for engineering