How big is 5980 inches
Test: Mobile AMD Ryzen 9 5980HS clearly beats Intel
AMD's Ryzen 5000 mobile processors are a consistent further development and, like the desktop CPUs, are based on Zen 3. The main focus is on the significantly increased single-core performance and improved energy efficiency. Intel faces more pressure than ever before the Tiger Lake H35 and H45 are released.
After the presentation of the AMD Ryzen 5000 mobile CPUs at the CES at the beginning of the year, the first notebooks with the new mobile processors based on the Zen 3 architecture have now appeared. With the Asus ROG Flow X13, our colleagues from PCWorld have already had the opportunity to put the first device with AMD's Ryzen 9 5980HS through its paces. Even in a 13 "convertible that weighs only 1.3 kilograms, the new octa-core from AMD can clearly beat the competition, some of which are in devices that are twice as heavy.
Table of Contents:
Ryzen 5000 Mobile in detail
The Ryzen 5000 mobile processors differ significantly from the desktop version in one point: It is a monolithic chip design. This means: all cores, the cache and the control units are in a single chip and are not distributed over two CPU chips and an I / O die, as is the case with the Ryzen 9 5950X, for example. In a nutshell, the Ryzen 5000 mobile processors offer a slightly improved integrated graphics unit, a faster memory controller and optimizations in energy management. As with the desktop processors, TSMC is responsible for manufacturing in the 7nm process. The pin design is identical to its predecessor, the Ryzen 4000 CPUs.
Put together an affordable gaming PC: the best hardware configurations
Nevertheless, there are a few significant differences between Ryzen 4000 based on Zen 2 and Ryzen 5000 with the Zen 3 architecture. AMD has increased the number of cores in a Core Chiplet Die (CCD) from four to eight. As a result, all computing cores now have direct access to the full shared L3 cache. On top of that, this has doubled from 2x 4 MB to 16 MB and is therefore only half the size of the desktop version. With these two steps, AMD solves the biggest bottleneck of Zen 2, namely the inter-core communication between two core complexes. AMD has also revised the computing cores themselves in order to increase energy efficiency and to be able to keep up with Intel's competition and to take a step forward in single-core performance.
Specifications of the test device and the competition
An Asus ROG Flow X13 was used for the PC-WORLD test of the first Ryzen 5000 mobile processor. The device has a 13.4 inch matt touch display in 16:10 format with a resolution of 3840 x 2400 pixels. The convertible with a 360 degree hinge weighs just 1.3 kilograms and has the so-called ASUS ROG XG Mobile Interface, via which the NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 notebook GPU can be connected externally. The already mentioned AMD Ryzen 9 5980HS processor in the 35-watt version and a GeForce GTX 1650 Max-Q GPU sit in the notebook itself. In addition, 32 GB LPDDR4X-4266 RAM and a 1 TB M.2 PCIe SSD are installed.
CPU benchmark 2021: Processors in comparison test - with ranking
The competition consists of a colorful mix of models with Ryzen 4000H and Ryzen 4000U processors, as well as Intel U CPUs from the 11th generation and Intel H processors from the 10th generation:
MSI Prestige 14 Evo: 14 inches, 1920 x 1080 pixels, 60 Hz, Intel Core i7-1185G7, 16 GB LPDDR4x-4267, 512 GB M.2 PCIe 4.0, Intel Iris Xe Graphics, 1.29 kg
MSI Prestige 14: 14 inches, 3840 x 2160 pixels, 60 Hz, Intel Core i7-10710U, 16 GB LPDDR3-2133, 1 TB M.2 PCIe 3.0, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1650 Max-Q, 1.29 kg
Lenovo Yoga Slim 7: 14 inches, 1920 x 1080 pixels, 60 Hz, AMD Ryzen 7 4800U, 16 GB LPDDR4X-4266, 512 GB M.2 PCIe 4.0, AMD Radeon Graphics, 1.33 kg
ASUS ROG Zephyrus G14: 14 inches, 1920 x 1080 pixels, 60 Hz, AMD Ryzen 9 4900HS, 16 GB DDR4-3200, 1 TB M.2 PCIe 3.0, Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060 Max-Q, 1.70 kg
- Which app do you use regularly
- What are simple zombie makeup ideas
- When does Chipotle close
- What is a walking taco
- See places visiting places
- What is the density of hardwood
- What is this organic compound called 1
- What color goes well with bleached jeans
- Who is your favorite author at YA
- Do you believe in blessings
- How can I understand my dog better?
- Who has the best pizza in Canada
- How much money does Tik Tok
- Why is there a lack of technical innovations in India?
- What are some great project management hacks
- How to prevent toe tingling
- Where can I sell my poems
- Why is Santiniketan famous
- What is the noun form of contemplation
- What is SBS modified asphalt waterproofing membrane
- Why don't people use Ecosia
- What jobs can you familiarize yourself with with SQL
- Is there a treatment for sociopaths
- Who is a creative writer or actor
- Have we achieved true communism?
- Was there a life before Genesis 1 1
- Which power supply enables mechanical and automation engineers
- Is it safe in Palestine?
- What is the best shrimp dish
- What languages are related to C.
- What will the next transcendental number be
- Where can I buy alpacas in Mexico
- What are the basic functions of production management
- Would a woman marry a 610 man