Why are logarithms used in chemistry
In order not to always have to calculate with power numbers, logarithmic quantities are introduced. The pH value is expressed as the negative decadic logarithm of the H.3O+-Ion concentration defined.
|pH = - log [H3O+]|
The pH scale is based on this definition. It ranges from pH = 0 ([H.3O+] = 1 mol / l = 10 0 mol / l) to pH = 14 ([H3O+] = 10 -14 minor). If the pH value in a solution drops by one unit (by 1.0), this means, based on the logarithmic scale, that the hydronium ion concentration has increased by a factor of 10 and vice versa.
|The pOH value is analogous as the negative decadic logarithm of the OH -Ion concentration defined.|
|pOH = - log [OH ]|
|pH and pOH are related to the ionic product of water. If you take the negative logarithm of the ion product, you get|
This shows how practical the logarithmic division is. If the pH value is known, the hydroxide ion concentration can be calculated very easily using pOH = 14 - pH. The pOH scale runs in the opposite direction to the pH scale. An example: At a pH of 5, the pOH is 9, the hydroxide ion concentration is then [OH] = 10-9 minor.
|pH ranges in various foods and body fluids:|
- Can electricity flow through rubber gloves
- Does a 150cc bike really need ABS?
- Is there a WhatsApp group for RPA
- Is there a charge to close bank accounts?
- How to root Micromax a069 without a PC
- Donates Dustin Moskovitz for Jewish purposes
- Are there really time travelers
- Which song is used in rave
- Do children know if they are gay
- What makes you better than Donald Trump
- Oxymorons are unique to English
- Russia is still building nuclear power plants
- Why is Germany taking immigrants from Syria
- What do you mean by ishq
- How was Wireshark made
- Why doesn't Haskell have any addicts
- When is the best use of the collaboration?
- What is sister chromatid exchange
- How long are locked questions locked
- What is in sharp contrast means
- What is the highest Dow was
- How is chemical engineering in CBIT
- Has Eren Jaeger become an enemy
- Why can't we catch thunder or lightning