What are some examples of delegated authority
EUR-Lex Access to EU law
Delegated acts are non-legislative acts adopted by the European Commission to amend or supplement legal provisions.
As part of the Lisbon Treaty, the European Union (EU) system for comitology was reformed. "Comitology (committee system)" refers to a procedure used for EU decision-making in which the European Commission is empowered to take decisions in the form of non-legislative acts through a basic legal act issued by the European Parliament and the Council, usually in accordance with the ordinary legislative procedure to issue:
- either to amend or supplement basic acts (delegated acts);
- on aspects that are often highly technical but essential for the implementation of this basic act (implementing acts).
Article 290 of the Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union empowers the Commission to adopt delegated acts. Delegated acts are adopted by the Commission after consulting committees made up of experts from all EU Member States.
The Commission's powers to adopt delegated acts are subject to strict conditions:
- the delegated act cannot change any essential elements of the existing basic act;
- the basic act concerned must specify the objectives, content, scope and duration of the delegation;
- the European Parliament and the Council may revoke the delegation or object to the delegated act.
Both the Council and the Parliament can revoke the delegation of power to the Commission. In addition, a delegated act adopted by the Commission can only enter into force if the Council or Parliament does not raise an objection within a deadline set in the basic act.
Delegated acts are used, for example, when legal acts need to be adapted to technical or scientific advances. For example, in the EU regulation on the labeling of foodstuffs (Regulation (EU) No. 1169/2011), the Commission is empowered to transfer the definition of “engineered nanomaterials” to scientific and technical progress for a period of five years adapt.
- Albino people have clear blood
- How do I deal with doctoral interviews
- Is marabou chocolate halal or haram
- People are still buying GPS systems
- Which is better contacts glasses or LASIK
- Can a person travel through time
- How can young people improve their body language
- Why is Donald Trump hated by Americans
- What products should I import from Egypt
- There is new software for PCs
- Who are school counselors
- What does busking
- What are the muscarinic cholinergic receptors
- Cardiac arrest will kill you
- How do you eat bread
- What is a Drug Master File
- How much did you like BTS
- Quantum physics is the study of God
- How do protic solvents stabilize carbocations
- How do Americans see hegemonism?
- Undergrad researchers can participate in scholarship programs
- What is your favorite tooth
- Has anyone in India made money from Upwork
- Can we play FIFA on MacBook Air?
- What do you call a week in advance
- You can back up pictures to iCloud
- What were the first forms of democracy
- Evil spirits are evil as evil people
- How do you overcome accidental unwanted thoughts
- What are the powers of Hawkeye
- Can Trump really eliminate EPA and USDA
- What is the best fitness sport
- What would happen if electrons became positrons?
- What is the McDonalds product lifecycle