What does torsional force mean
Part of speech: noun, (Female)Hyphenation:
- Gate | si | on, Plural: Gate | si | open
- IPA: [tɔʁˈzi̯oːn], Plural: [tɔʁˈzi̯oːnən]
- 1) Mechanics: the twisting of an elongated body when opposing rotational forces act
- 2) the turning or twisting of an organ around its own axis
- from late Latintorsio = Rotation
- 1) twisting, twisting
- 1) Twisting
- 1) Physics, technology
- 2) medicine
- 1) Distortion, warping torsion
- 2) Detorsion, testicular torsion, hydatide torsion, stomach torsion
- Extorsion, intorsion
- 1) “When used torsion, there is a helical deformation. "
- torsion-resistant, torsion-resistant, torsion-resistant
- 1) Torsional stress, torsional load, torsional fracture, torsional elasticity, torsion spring, torsion protection, torsion box, torsion force, torsion modulus, torsion moment, torsion test, torsion pendulum, torsional shear stress, torsional stress, torsion bar, torsional torsional stiffness,
- 2) torsional fracture, torsional insert, torsional fracture
- Nominative: singular torsion; Plural Torsions
- Genitive: singular torsion; Plural Torsions
- Dative: singular torsion; Plural Torsions
- Accusative: singular torsion; Plural Torsions
Thesaurus & Synonyms
- Twist: Deformation while maintaining the distances from a central axis; intentionally misrepresented
Another word (synonym) for torsion - Source: OpenThesaurus
Entries from our dictionary containing "torsion":
TWIP:… Plasticity - Steel 1) is also used in German. 1) a steel that is particularly resistant to torsion (twisting) thanks to a special treatment. German translations: ...
dislocation:… Plural: [lʊksaˈtsi̯oːnən] Word meaning / definition: 1) Medicine: A permanent displacement of two by a joint beyond simple torsion (twisting) ...
Rib vault: "The torsion of their columns and their ribbed vaults are echoes of the late Gothic, the ornamental gables and the elongated doorway in the west wing, on the other hand, are pure renaissance."
Rhyme: German: -oːn: ... Section Sermon Session Scorpio Graduation Station Striction synchronous Tension Torsion Traction Trine Trillion Union reward spared Version set to music ...
Torsions: Part of speech: Declined form Hyphenation: Tor | si | o | nen Pronunciation / Stress: IPA: [tɔʁˈzi̯oːnən] Grammatical features: Nominative plural of the noun Torsion Genitive plural of the noun Torsion Dative plural of the noun Torsion Accusative plural of the noun Torsion
Rate & Share
Rate the dictionary entry or share it with friends.
Quote & print
Quote this page:
"Torsion" in the online dictionary Wortbedeutung.info (23.5.2021) URL: https://www.wortbedeutung.info/Torsion/
Comments from users
There are currently no comments on this entry.
Complete the dictionary entry
Wortscheutung.info is a Language dictionary and is used to look up all linguistic information. It's explicit not an encyclopedia and no subject dictionary that explains content. You can add comments such as examples of use or hints on the use of the term "torsion" and thus help to improve our dictionary. Questions, requests for help and complaints are not welcome and will be deleted immediately. HTML tags are not allowed.
The following terms
Torsions (German) Part of Speech: Declined Form Hyphenation: Tor | si | o | nen Pronunciation / Stress: IPA: [tɔʁˈzi̯oːnən]…
Torsional fracture (German) Part of speech: noun, (male) Cases: nominative: singular Torsionsbruch; Plural torsional breaks genitive: ...
Torsional fractures (German) Part of Speech: Declined Form Secondary Forms: Torsion Fraction Hyphenation: Tor | si | ons | bru | che…
Torsional fracture (German) Part of Speech: Declined Form Secondary Forms: Torsion fraction Hyphenation: Tor | si | ons | bru | ches…
Torsional fracture (German) Part of speech: Declined form Secondary forms: Torsionsbruches Hyphenation: Tor | si | ons | bruchs ...
Torsional fractures (German) Part of Speech: Declined Form Hyphenation: Tor | si | ons | brü | che Pronunciation / Stress: IPA:…
Torsional fractures (German) Part of Speech: Declined Form Hyphenation: Tor | si | ons | brü | chen Pronunciation / Stress: IPA:…
torso (German) Part of speech: noun, (male) Cases: nominative: singular torso; Plural 1 torso; Plural 2 torsos ...
Torsos (German) Part of Speech: Declined Form Hyphenation: Tor | sos Pronunciation / Stress: IPA: [ˈtɔʁzos] Grammatical…
Goalkeeper (German) Part of speech: noun, (feminine) Cases: nominative: singular goal player; Plural goal players genitive: ...
Goal players (German) Part of speech: Declined form Hyphenation: Tor | spie | le | rin | nen Pronunciation / Emphasis: IPA:…
- Is water sticky
- What are you ashamed of being German?
- Are there non-verbal book characters
- What are some chemical properties of fluorine
- Can protein be absorbed through the skin
- Why don't you have many followers
- What were the main achievements of Pope Paul III
- What is quantum computer
- Is CFP helpful to an insurance advisor
- Should I choose MNLU or JGLS
- How similar are Portuguese and Italian
- Birds what a falcon is that
- What is the disease of bamboo
- What is the definition of a Palestinian
- Why did Eminem have to change
- Can a narcissist compete with a psychopath
- Who invented tahini
- What are the admission fees for Videocon D2HD
- RTU Kota Collage has administrative offices
- What is an OPPS computer
- Why don't we eat human meat?
- What does an INFJ like to hear
- How do I get started with brand marketing
- Why is identity an illusion in Buddhism