How do you prevent fear
Anxiety Disorders: Overcoming Anxiety - The Four Best Strategies
What is fear
To better understand one's own fears, a look back at human development history helps: Fear is a biologically meaningful reaction to a danger or threat, it mobilizes energy for fight or flight and ensures that we avoid situations that appear risky to us. In the course of evolution, fears of certain animals such as poisonous snakes have proven to be a survival advantage, so that humans still tend to be more afraid of these animals than of razors, for example.
However, if fears relate to situations or objects that pose no danger (here in this country) - such as spinning, driving buses (agoraphobia) or strangers (social phobia) - and if they excessively restrict everyday life or quality of life, they apply as an anxiety disorder. Around 15 percent of the population suffer from such a disease once in a lifetime. It usually consists of a physical reaction, for example Palpitations, tremors and sweats (Panic attack), an expectation or mental evaluation of the situation ("I could have a heart attack", "I will be embarrassed") and the tendency to avoid certain objects or situations when possible.
The disorder maintains itself: The fear decreases as soon as the person concerned leaves the situation - and therefore he chooses this solution again and again. The expectation of further anxiety attacks also increases the likelihood that they will recur, in the sense of a self-fulfilling prophecy.
This helps against fear and panic
Sometimes enough Self help tipsto unlearn an exaggerated fear again. In more severe cases, this requires psychotherapy. It starts with the described components of fear, according to the following four basic principles.
Strategy 1: keep moving
Regular sporting activities and relaxation exercises can reduce anxiety reactions in the long term. With some disorders they also help in acute cases, among other things because physical relaxation and exhaustion are physiologically difficult to reconcile with an anxiety reaction. However, the effects can be reversed during a panic attack!
If there is a panic-related Hyperventilation Doctors recommend breathing into a bag so that the ratio of oxygen to carbon dioxide in the blood returns to normal.
- What is a flanking sequence
- Cyclists still shave their legs
- How safe is Alappuzha Kerala for tourists
- Why isn't Eminem undergoing Lasik surgery
- Where in Mumbai can I learn astronomy
- Why is Narcan not available over the counter
- Is the sun a thing
- How can I get custom patio pillows
- What is a vector in linear algebra
- What kind of check is dishonored
- What does wastani mean in Swahili slang
- Is there class mobility in China?
- What is the difference between hearty and hearty
- Julie Andrews lost her voice permanently
- How to attract fraudsters
- Are probiotics good for allergies?
- How is a good student
- What is Ramana Maharshi's view of Vedanta
- Which pollutes less burning wood or gas
- What is a step-up transformer
- What if you have your say
- Why should we teach literature
- What is the PMP Qualification for Managers
- Why is metronidazole used against anaerobic bacteria