What are look-up tables in image processing
Programming curve tool for working with RGB channels (combined)
I'm working on a curve tool and I have to adjust all three channels with a curve at the same time. (RGB curve)
Internally, the class I created for the count gets a series of control points to loop the curve through and then has a method that returns the resulting value for a given input (and also a look-up table - a table that basically tells me that for pixels with a RED intensity set to 50, that intensity should be set to 150 for each intensity (0-255] - 8-bit channels).
Now I can get a channel (for example, RED) from an RGB image and apply the look-up table to it, and I can do it separately, but I don't know which application method to use for all three channels?
I think I'll apply the LUT (look-up table) three times - once on each of the channels, but I'm not sure it's the behavior I want. Is it right or should I use it differently? (Calculate a "median value" for each pixel, apply the LUT and calculate all three channel values in reverse? Etc.)
My knowledge of photography and image processing is basically zero - apart from the programming part and basic theory.
You should apply the LUT to every channel.
If you're really interested in machine vision theory, consider asking a new question that asks you for book recommendations on the subject, if they haven't been asked already.
- How should I start my football career?
- What is the law of variation
- What are the different types of climates
- Where do people work in Groenland
- What is a full title property
- How can I deduct VAT in Excel
- Which Google font is similar to Clarendon
- Will Apple still exist in 20 years
- Does Harley Quinn have other names
- What is stereolithography used for?
- Which companies finance startups
- Is the sun a thing
- Are blackberry fruits
- Did the Chinese invent mining?
- What holds the electrons together
- What is a singularity in the universe
- How to massage a sprained ankle
- What is the GSP Policy of America
- What is a funeral
- Reality is really based on perception
- Where do ice cream trucks come from
- What is this color 1
- What kind of doctor is a dermatologist
- When should anyone use this against that