How to apologize in Japanese
Post # 9RE: apologize properly
There are maybe 50 different ways of expressing forgiveness.
But when it comes down to it, you take the most popular one. You don't have much time for a suitable formulation anyway.
shitsurei desu ga ...,
kore wa shitsurei,
suman = slang,
suimasen = slang.
sumanai = slang
okurete gomen nasai (when arriving late)
ainiku desu = I'm sorry.
aisumimasen = I'm sorry.
zannen desu ga = I'm sorry
zannen desu ga tsugoo ga warui desu = I'm sorry but the circumstances are not given to me.
omattase shimashita = from the seller, because he made her wait too long.
nando mo sumimasen desu ga = I'm sorry a thousand times.
kore wa shikkei = slang
chotto sumimasen (to attract attention)
chotto (to attract attention)
ano (to attract attention)
ano ne (to attract attention)
osaki e shitsurei, = excuse me for going ahead.
As I said, there are many others. But some, I can't understand myself, I don't have the example sentence for them.
And it's like German too. There are many different formulations for an apology to use.
Sorry, sorry, sorry,
This is your language, you certainly have a few more of it.
(This post was last edited: 02/17/2018 12:05 PM by moustique.)
- Who would win Quitela against Beerus?
- How are Filipino workers overseas affecting globalization?
- Play Voelkerball at school
- Why are mainstream rappers so ignorant these days
- Can friendship and flirting go together?
- Is Rorschach from Watchmen asexual or gay
- What's your grandma's favorite song
- Is BMS risky
- Is there electricity in Albania?
- Which film are you watching religious
- How to apologize in Japanese
- What is a verb with curiosity
- Is this sentence understandable in Chinese
- How much did you like BTS
- Can we have sex after taking ipill?
- Are there any underground rivers
- What are some cute Japanese nicknames
- Is fascism militaristic
- Are there tornadoes in England
- What is the symbol for inversely proportional
- What are the important tips for public speaking
- How good are Keetsa mattresses
- What is the best buffet in Bangkok
- Is Linux newbie friendly