Why do people hate Toronto
Stop in TorontoIf Men Women to hate
Earlier this week a man drove a car into a crowd in Toronto. It's slowly becoming clearer: He could be an INCEL. The sociologist Andreas Kemper explains this movement and the game designer Jennifer Scheurle talks about INCELs in the game scene.
A Facebook post from the alleged perpetrator suggests that he is a misogynist. Investigations by the Canadian police indicate that he may belong to a community that is abbreviated to INCELs - Involuntary Celibate, people who are involuntarily celibate. These are misogynists who come together on the net.
Multiple levels of misogyny
Andreas Kemper is a sociologist and explains that misogyny is not a new topic, but the manifestations are always different. One can distinguish three levels:
- individual misogyny
- Discrimination against women, which is also about privileges
- Anti-feminism, that is, quasi anti-anti-discrimination
"Groups where misogyny comes into play are usually very far-right and racist."
Racists are usually hostile towards women or homosexuals, explains the sociologist. The misogyny is as strong as ever. In his opinion, anti-feminism has increased with the success of feminism.
"The anti-feminists feel they have their backs against the wall and are now trying to save the last thing."
"Women who are not in a relationship don't get in the car and drive people around, but men do it. That is already part of the conception of masculinity," says Kemper. He is part of a men's movement that wants to break with the image of the "soldier man". This movement has already changed a lot and made men softer and more flexible, explains Kemper.
INCELs in the gamer scene
Jennifer Scheurle lives in Australia and works as a game designer. She came into contact with the subject of INCELs years ago. That is a trend in the gamer world. She knows this movement in connection with the Gamergate. Men in particular had accused that women only get better reviews for their games if they sleep with game journalists for it.
"Forums in these INCEL groups contain threats of rape or murder against women."
Scheurle explains that there must be groups that deal with young men and teach them how to build good relationships. Because the threats of the INCELs have to be taken seriously.
- The wrath of the computer gamers | Games are also women’s business. Nevertheless: Especially in the USA, players and developers have to live with insults and massive threats.
- Guys who riot against women online | As soon as the media, on Facebook, Twitter or elsewhere talk about women's rights, they step on the scene: men who feel disadvantaged.
- When you are annoyed | There are men who create an atmosphere against women's issues on the Internet. For example, you are allergic to reports of sexual harassment against women.
- What are your masterpieces made with deepfake
- What are free secure iPad applications
- Is a tweet to someone private
- What is a good organizational planner app
- What are your fiber sources
- Is cheaper in the US
- Can you cash out Ethereum
- How is the hinge made
- What's wrong with TV remotes
- James Altucher program is a scam
- How does water put out fire?
- What are some common misconceptions about marwadis
- What are some sentence examples with consent
- Where are Taobao warehouses located in China
- Are bluetooth connections secure?
- What are some Gothic surnames
- How do you survive a terrorist attack
- How do you mend road bike tubes
- What are covalent and non-covalent interactions
- How small is your apartment in NYC
- Crackling noise in the ear
- What is Indian interest in Nepal
- What does communication technology mean
- Why are Ed Sheeran's songs catchy