What are some good German soap operas
A soap is an endless series with weekly or even daily episodes. The protagonists always have to do with each other - in a relationship, as a family or as a clique.
The actions of an episode have an open ending - this is what distinguishes the series soaps from telenovelas such as “Rote Rosen” and “Sturm der Liebe” and documentary soaps.
Daily soaps mainly on RTL
In the meantime, more than 1,600 episodes of Lindenstrasse have been broadcast. These always run on Sundays at 6.40 p.m. on Das Erste. The first German daily soap followed in 1992 with “Gute Zeiten, Bad Zeiten”, which has since been shown more than 6,500 times on RTL. The broadcaster has two more daily soap operas in its program, “Unter uns” and “Alles was haben”. All three are produced by UFA Serial Drama. Overall, viewers can currently choose between eight daily soaps on German television.
The only current daily soap on the public broadcasters is the BR production “Dahoam is Dahoam”. Apart from that, two weekly soaps are running here with “Die Fallers” and “In allerfreund”. The popular series “Forbidden Love” and “Marienhof” have since been discontinued. No wonder, since the interest of Germans in soap operas has been declining for years: while in 2013 18.63 million people enjoyed watching daily soaps with pleasure or very much, in 2017 the figure was just under 17 million. Every tenth person counts this television format among his / her favorites - 45 percent for news and 28 percent for crime novels.
Which soap suits me?
Nonetheless, if you include foreign soaps such as “Reich und Schön” or “Neighbors”, the selection of soap operas on television is still large. It is not easy to decide which soap is right for you. It's difficult to get to know all the characters and understand the storylines when you're new to a series anyway. But sometimes it pays to stick with it.
"Good times, bad times" is still a real quota maker 25 years after the first episode. In 2017, too, it was often the most watched program of a day among 14 to 49-year-olds. With an average of 19.1 percent market share in this age group, GZSZ achieved the best value since 2013 last year. The success is certainly also due to the fact that the series is seen as a social reflection of our country. Bullying, eating disorders, substance abuse, illegal immigration - everything is included. And: At GZSZ you can take a break for a few weeks and then come back quickly.
Fewer viewers for the public service series
If you like it less modern and don't need teenage slang, take a look at “Lindenstrasse”. The quotas of the German original soap have been falling for years and are now only in the single digits. But because people die here too, there was recently when "Hans Beimer" left - a twelve percent market share and at least nine percent among viewers between the ages of 14 and 49.
Fans of “Grey's Anatomy” will like “In aller Freundes”, a German doctor soap that is set in the fictional Leipzig Hospital Sachsenklinik. Do you prefer a little farm romance? Then "The Fallers" are on SWR. “Dahoam is Dahoam” is also village-like - the complete opposite of GZSZ (Berlin), “Everything that counts” (Essen) and “Unter uns” (Cologne). Bavarian is also spoken. Not everyone likes that, and almost nobody in the age group up to 49. Nevertheless, this daily soap also has its fans.
- The concept of nothing is something
- What do Finns never do
- What is your experience with President Obama?
- How does Unity automatically export a package
- How to stop chewing pan masala
- Which means almost everywhere in mathematics
- Hillary Clinton has a criminal record
- What is the oxidation number of CO2
- How do I experiment with sound
- Why aren't other automakers challenging Tesla
- Who did you excuse today
- What hair tones are considered ginger
- What are the elementary particles of consciousness
- What are the best quotes about Biharis
- Which banks allow forex trading in India
- Which company is PLC SCADA hiring well-known freshmen?
- What household item weighs 2,000 grams
- Is Harman Kardon a good brand
- Why do coordination compounds form complex ions
- What's the best single user wiki
- What are highway ramps
- Are anabolic steroids addicting
- What is the difference between vapor liquid
- Is Quora in Spanish
- Will Ripple XRP go up
- Why was gunpowder important
- What are the best stocks to invest in
- How are POS and e-commerce related?
- What is a decent whiskey
- What is the best bar in Copenhagen
- How easy is it to frame someone
- What are potential superpowers