What are transgenic species
Process for introducing DNA into plants which originates from crossable species. The inserted DNA is recombined from different sequences.
Intragenesis is a process in which - similar to cisgenesis - genes are introduced into plants using genetic engineering methods that come from plants of the same or closely related species. In this way, genes are transferred between plants that can naturally be crossed with one another. The difference to cisgenesis is that gene constructs are introduced which do not exist in this form in the original plant ("intragene") and which are artificially put together from different DNA fragments. For example, sections from different genes can be combined, or a gene is provided with a "foreign" promoter and terminator.
The intragenesis process makes it possible to develop plants with improved properties, such as better disease resistance, lower allergen content, modified starch composition, higher vitamin content or lower lignin content. Cultivated plants in which intragenesis has already been applied are, for example, apples, potatoes, petunias, rapeseed, rice and tomatoes.
Plants that were grown using the intragenesis method contain new DNA segments that would not be created by conventional crossing. They are therefore considered to be genetically modified organisms.
Cisgenic plants, cisgenesis
- Exercise can induce bronchoconstriction
- What did you do your homework for the longest?
- How old is Disha Patani
- Do you believe in cunning
- Owns Warren Buffett Berkshire Hathaway
- From what did unicellular organisms evolve?
- Should schools use Windows or Apple devices
- Why are there so many marital problems
- Which summer camps have you been to?
- The OnePlus 5
- Who will win the Superbowl in 2020?
- How is triose phosphate formed
- Why Buy a MacBook Air
- Which is for sure WordPress or Magento
- What is the best search engine 4
- What makes a doctor sad
- Fire safety training is important for everyone
- Do you know anything about content marketing?
- Why are you a classical concert pianist
- Supports Asus K43U SSD
- How is life going for you now
- Ecologists are heretics
- What is a natural impotence cure
- Was Samoa part of World War II
- What happened to funk
- Does GDP measure prosperity
- What does model reduction mean in bioinformatics
- What is the process of sublimation 1
- How do you spray glass vases
- What is a series battery circuit
- Why is cold air better for engines
- States should be responsible for education
- What is only famous in Aligarh