Are GNC products overpriced?

'Must haves' from the USA

Everything about soups - from A vitamins to protein and zinc.

Moderator:Team nutrition & supplements

Erfurt-North
TA newbie
 
Posts: 48
Registered: 13 May 2008 19:00

'Must haves' from the USA

of Erfurt-North »22 Jun 2009 07:08

Hey guys,

I'm currently back in the USA and want to ask you what you should definitely buy in the shops here ..? The normal standard stuff like whey protein is clear ... but I've been to some GNC and vitamin shops again and I'm totally wondering what to buy ... they have so many pills and capsules that the vendors promise great results, but as I said I have no plan what you can actually believe .. So I would be really grateful for a few helpful tips. Current training status ..: I am currently at about 93kg at 193m, so there still has to be a lot of mass on it .. so always with tips .. Thank you very much!


Don
Andro-Shop & V.I.P.
 
Posts: 33444
Registered: 09 Sep 2006 07:27

Re: 'Must haves' from the USA

of Don »22 Jun 2009 07:21 am

If anyone here would recommend what, it would be just as hollow as if you asked the seller there ...

If you don't have a plan of what you need, you should just leave it ...


maddox
TA Premium Member
 
Posts: 17622
Registered: 28 Oct 2006 07:50
Body weight (kg): 52
Body height (cm): 158
Competition experience: No
Steroid Experience: Yes
Training location: Studio
Training plan: miscellaneous

Re: 'Must haves' from the USA

of maddox »22 Jun 2009 07:31

America is simply cheaper - but as Don said: You should already know what you really need and what you should buy for expensive money here in Germany.

if you want to import something you should remember that not everything that is freely sold there is allowed here in Germany.
For reasons of time, I would ask you not to send me private messages with individual questions at the moment. Please use the knowledge and competence of the forum to ask your questions. Thanks.

Felix Lee
TA member
 
Posts: 301
Registered: 27 Aug 2008 19:14
Place of residence: Frankfurt
Body weight (kg): 100
Body height (cm): 188
Body fat percentage (%): 10
Start of training (year): 2008

Re: 'Must haves' from the USA

of Felix Lee »22 Jun 2009 12:36

well don. a seller just wants to make coal. you can probably tell him something that just works well. no matter what goal. I'm starting from bodybuilding: P


Mösenpaul
TA Elite Member
 
Posts: 2683
Registered: 02 Dec 2008 16:30
Body weight (kg): 97
Body height (cm): 179
Body fat percentage (%): 8
Start of training (year): 2000
Competition experience: No
Steroid Experience: Yes
Training plan: volume
Martial arts: 9mm
Target weight (kg): 110
Target KFA (%): 8
Studio: Mc asshole
I am: Very wide

Re: 'Must haves' from the USA

of Mösenpaul »22 Jun 2009 21:55

What the Americans are good at are pre-work-out boosters. Things like Ignite from Nutrexx and Rampage from Anabolic Xtreme would be on my list. But you can also get it in any good online shop.

Could now write a long list of things I would bring with me. But I don't feel like it.
The truth prevails. The code only needs lies

Bang out
TA rookie
 
Posts: 88
Registered: 17 Apr 2007 00:13

Re: 'Must haves' from the USA

of Bang out »23 Jun 2009 02:08

Creadex probably and cheap bcaas and so stuff which is very expensive in Germany buy cheap there like bsn or muscletech products

Erfurt-North
TA newbie
 
Posts: 48
Registered: 13 May 2008 19:00


Mösenpaul
TA Elite Member
 
Posts: 2683
Registered: 02 Dec 2008 16:30
Body weight (kg): 97
Body height (cm): 179
Body fat percentage (%): 8
Start of training (year): 2000
Competition experience: No
Steroid Experience: Yes
Training plan: volume
Martial arts: 9mm
Target weight (kg): 110
Target KFA (%): 8
Studio: Mc asshole
I am: Very wide

Re: 'Must haves' from the USA

of Mosenpaul »24 Jun 2009 14:11

Again someone who wants to have everything pre-chewed.
The truth prevails. The code of law only needs lies


maddox
TA Premium Member
 
Posts: 17622
Registered: 28 Oct 2006 07:50
Body weight (kg): 52
Body height (cm): 158
Competition experience: No
Steroid Experience: Yes
Training location: Studio
Training plan: miscellaneous

Re: 'Must haves' from the USA

of maddox »24 Jun 2009 14:15

Erfurt-Nord wrote:ok .. you don't have more in stock ??



Yes, it is only a question of whether you have enough in stock to be able to use it.
For reasons of time, I would ask you not to send me private messages with individual questions at the moment. Please use the knowledge and competence of the forum to ask your questions. Thanks.

nhlboy
TA member
 
Posts: 235
Registered: 28 Dec 2007 00:53
Body weight (kg): 81
Body height (cm): 167
Body fat percentage (%): 15
Upper arm circumference (cm): 42
Competition experience: No
Steroid Experience: No
Training location: Studio
Target weight (kg): 95
Target KFA (%): 9
Studio: fitness first
I am: college student

Re: 'Must haves' from the USA

of nhlboy »24 Jun 2009 19:44

you can also get everything you can buy in usa from online shops. the things that are not marketable here come from holland because they are mostly marketable there. The advantage is that the things are just cheaper there. just from BSN, Universal and Muscletech. in the usa there is a chain called "gnc" (general nutrition center). they sell all nutritional supplements, vitamin preparations, etc. I think the shops can be recommended and you can find them in almost every mall (shopping center). there is almost everything that is current. and if you buy a lot there are always good discount promotions (buy 3, number 2 and things like that). There you can also have a membership card made then you can get almost everything much cheaper. mostly 20% and more. and the card costs nothing (except the golden one or something ...). look s.besten times over google on the homepage of those.

to the products. well is difficult what to recommend. but personally I would take with me e.g. N.O.-Xplode from bsn and the Nano Vapor from Muscletech. are both pre-workout boosters. don't expect too much from the overpriced products. because the best of these brands is still the marketing and advertising they do as well as the absolutely exaggerated promises of the products. but every now and then workout boosters are really fun if you have the money and don't expect too much ...

lg


dumbbell
TA Power Member
 
Posts: 2115
Registered: 03 Mar 2008 19:14
Body weight (kg): 110
Body height (cm): 186
Body fat percentage (%): 15
Start of training (year): 1983
Bench press (kg): 150
Squats (kg): 170
Upper arm circumference (cm): 47
Thigh circumference (cm): 70
Calf circumference (cm): 46
Competition experience: No
Steroid Experience: No
Training location: At home
Training plan: volume
Training log: Yes
Favorite exercise: Pull-ups
I am: in a good mood

Re: 'Must haves' from the USA

of dumbbell »24 Jun 2009 7:49 pm

Don wrote:If you don't have a plan of what you need, you should just leave it ...

nuff said

EL_NINO
TA member
 
Posts: 265
Registered: May 20, 2007 8:05 pm
Body weight (kg): 103
Body height (cm): 186
Body fat percentage (%): 15
Upper arm circumference (cm): 46
Chest (cm): 126
Thigh circumference (cm): 68
Calf circumference (cm): 45
Training location: Studio

Re: 'Must haves' from the USA

of EL_NINO »25 Jun 2009 23:04

nhlboy wrote: in the usa there is a chain called "gnc" (general nutrition center). they sell all nutritional supplements, vitamin preparations, etc. I think the shops can be recommended and you can find them in almost every mall (shopping center). there is almost everything that is current. and if you buy a lot there are always good discount promotions (buy 3, number 2 and things like that). There you can also have a membership card made then you can get almost everything much cheaper. mostly 20% and more. and the card costs nothing (except the golden one or something ...). look s.besten times over google on the homepage of those.


If you are already in the USA then I advise you to stay away from GNC products. GNC is extremely commercial and the products are not as good quality as they claim. I made my experiences with the GNC a few years ago and would not recommend it.
I would advise you to look for a real sports nutrition store there and look at the things from muscletech, bsn or weider. then you have to know yourself which supplements make sense for you.
Steroid requests and other dubious messages via PM are ignored and reported immediately!

nhlboy
TA member
 
Posts: 235
Registered: 28 Dec 2007 00:53
Body weight (kg): 81
Body height (cm): 167
Body fat percentage (%): 15
Upper arm circumference (cm): 42
Competition experience: No
Steroid Experience: No
Training location: Studio
Target weight (kg): 95
Target KFA (%): 9
Studio: fitness first
I am: college student

Re: 'Must haves' from the USA

of nhlboy »25 Jun 2009 23:38

EL_NINO wrote:
nhlboy wrote: in the usa there is a chain called "gnc" (general nutrition center). they sell all nutritional supplements, vitamin preparations, etc. I think the shops can be recommended and you can find them in almost every mall (shopping center). there is almost everything that is current. and if you buy a lot there are always good discount promotions (buy 3, number 2 and things like that). There you can also have a membership card made then you can get almost everything much cheaper. mostly 20% and more. and the card costs nothing (except the golden one or something ...). look s.besten times over google on the homepage of those.


If you are already in the USA then I advise you to stay away from GNC products. GNC is extremely commercial and the products are not as good quality as they claim. I made my experiences with the GNC a few years ago and would not recommend it.
I would advise you to look for a real sports nutrition store there and look at the things from muscletech, bsn or weider. then you have to know yourself which supplements make sense for you.



first of all, the products from gnc are flawless and certainly not much inferior to most other products. that is really absolutely wrong. are simply no name products or products of the house brand of gnc. is exactly as if I would say everything there is in the aldi is bad and inferior. I used the whey and soy protein myself for a couple of months, as well as bcaa's. and the things are really great in terms of price. So great value for money.

and secondly, i wasn't talking about gnc products at all, but about products of the brands bsn, universal and muscletech. and you can get them very cheaply in gnc. as it is in america. then everything is reduced across the board anyway. and then just like actions like (buy two, get one 50% off, or buy 2 get 3) ... and then with this members card (there is one that is free and you get 20% again, I think, or one that costs an annual amount and then you get 30% ... in your case the free one is probably sufficient). however, the% figures are not guaranteed and are only used for illustration ... the discounts are also different for many products. just take a look at the homepage, and those in the stores themselves have even more such discount campaigns, etc.

lg

EL_NINO
TA member
 
Posts: 265
Registered: May 20, 2007 8:05 pm
Body weight (kg): 103
Body height (cm): 186
Body fat percentage (%): 15
Upper arm circumference (cm): 46
Chest (cm): 126
Thigh circumference (cm): 68
Calf circumference (cm): 45
Training location: Studio

Re: 'Must haves' from the USA

of EL_NINO »26 Jun 2009 00:00

I'm talking about GNC's house brand. and it's really bad. GNC's in-house brand products are more "wellness" oriented than bodybuilding. that with the, price advantages is nothing new. I would still go to a real sports nutrition store. just take a look because this is certainly also very interesting, as they have different dimensions than we are used to here (in Austria), as well as the fitness studios (golds gym).
Steroid requests and other dubious messages via PM are ignored and reported immediately!

nhlboy
TA member
 
Posts: 235
Registered: 28 Dec 2007 00:53
Body weight (kg): 81
Body height (cm): 167
Body fat percentage (%): 15
Upper arm circumference (cm): 42
Competition experience: No
Steroid Experience: No
Training location: Studio
Target weight (kg): 95
Target KFA (%): 9
Studio: fitness first
I am: college student

Re: 'Must haves' from the USA

of nhlboy »26 Jun 2009 00:09

EL_NINO wrote:I'm talking about GNC's house brand. and it's really bad. GNC's in-house brand products are more "wellness" oriented than bodybuilding. that with the, price advantages is nothing new. I would still go to a real sports nutrition store. just take a look because this is certainly very interesting, because they have different dimensions than we are used to here (in Austria), as well as the fitness studios (golds gym).



yes i already understood that but gnc's house brand is not bad. I don't know exactly what you mean by wellness products. they actually have a "woman's corner" with pills for smooth skin and what do I know ^^. but what i had was a normal 100% whey protein with very, very little carbs and 0 fat. I think protein content is over 90%. with the soy exactly the same. and take a look at the videos on andro, markus rühl is also in a gnc and is promoting them. When I was over there, professional bodybuilders also did promotions for gnc, only 2nd class, so I didn't know any of them. so goes very well into the bodybuilding scene. even if maybe not as much as a typical 80s anabolic steroids dandruff, which by the way I also find very cool and worth seeing. and what i saw there, the gnc products were very popular with the locals (especially when it comes to whey).


Back to supplements

Who's Online?

Members in this forum: 0 members and 4 guests