What is a web filter
What is a web filter?
A web filter, commonly known as a "content filter", is software that restricts the web pages that users can access from their computer. These filters can be based on an allowlist or a denylist: the former allows access to websites that have been specifically selected by the person who set up the filter. The latter prevents access to undesired websites that are defined by the standards installed in the filter. These programs check the URL of the website you want, search the website's content for restricted keywords, and then decide whether to block or allow the connection. Filters are often installed as a browser extension, as a standalone computer program, or as part of an overall security solution. However, they can also be installed on the network side by either the ISP or a company to restrict multiple users from accessing the web at the same time. Some search engines also offer rudimentary filters to remove unwanted pages from the search results.
There are two main groups of customers for web filtering software: parents who do not want their children to access content they consider undesirable or inappropriate, and companies who want to prevent their employees from accessing websites that are not theirs Concern work. Web filters are also commonly used as a preventive measure against malware because the filters block access to websites that frequently host malware, such as web sites. B. Websites related to pornography or gambling. Advanced filters can even prevent information from being sent over the Internet so that confidential data is not exposed.
There are ways to bypass web filters, such as: B. through a web-based proxy, the use of foreign language pages or the use of a VPN to a personal proxy server. Because of these loopholes, network administrators or concerned parents need to ensure that the filters they choose can do more than just block or allow access to specific websites.
More articles and links to definitions
What is a web filter?Kaspersky
- What is cast in-situ concrete
- What's the best wicked song
- Which empires belong to Afghanistan
- What's the worst name you've seen
- Who is planning residents for elective operations
- Take part in CMU alumni events
- Hawaii had snow yesterday
- What's happening in Sweden right now?
- Are bluetooth connections secure?
- What is round but not circle
- How do I get started with brand marketing
- Who actually uses Cortana
- Did you enjoy investment banking
- What are hybridomas
- What drives adult people to join cults?
- How can I better understand Bayesian thinking
- How to learn Punjabi online
- What does a woman brag about
- Why is my Netflix account not working
- What is the minimum variance coverage rate
- Which online betting app uses real money
- Can we play FIFA on MacBook Air?
- How is Jaipuria Noida for PGDM
- When did surrealism develop?