Why did you take an IQ test
And so it is assumed that you could easily increase your IQ from 90 to 115 or even more points through training alone. However, the result of the IQ test cannot be increased to any desired height even through targeted training. Here the hereditary factors then form the natural upper limits.
What effects do genetic makeup have on the IQ test?
Genetic predisposition has a certain share in a person's intelligence. However, the available scientific data are not as clear-cut in this regard as some researchers would like them to be.
The inherited share of intelligence that is measured in the IQ test is between 40 and 85 percent, depending on the study - a very wide range, as genes only have the appropriate influence on intelligence development if the person from the respective environment also has a suitable one Way is influenced and promoted.
Because when it comes to intelligence, a person can have the best genetic makeup. They could not develop optimally if this person did not get the chance to go to school or perhaps grow up in a troubled family where drug use and violence are the order of the day. But even in an unsubsidized person, his intelligence is evident, namely in how he copes with everyday life and how he survives despite all adversities. But then he would not do very well in the IQ test - even though he is very intelligent.
High IQ test results: Not necessarily desirable for executives
The IQ test can therefore only be completed by those people with good results who are fully integrated in the modern work and learning system and also have the appropriate social background. Free spirits, on the other hand, who can look beyond the horizon of a society that is purely oriented towards economic success, who do not want to be squeezed into the grid that can be measured by the IQ test and who also do not feel comfortable in the usual schools, can be highly talented, but still only average or even achieve below average IQ test results.
Having a high IQ is also not ideal for every professional goal. Because people with a very high IQ are - as we now know - often not suitable for management positions. It is not uncommon for them to lack what is called emotional intelligence. They cannot always empathize with other people, they lack the team spirit, the social streak and often the ability for self-reflection.
The tailor-made IQ test
In the meantime, companies or universities can have special IQ test providers create very individual IQ tests tailored to them, which are supposed to find exactly the right employees or students. Universities that train medical professionals, for example, choose an IQ test that assesses the ability to study. Companies choose an IQ test that has been adjusted and trimmed for the individual occupational fields. The test focuses on the desired job profile or the desired subject. These query options were developed with teams of scientists in order to offer customers the right packages for their needs. Of course, whether a company can afford a specific IQ test is always a question of cost.
In Germany, around 30 percent of all companies use IQ tests for the recruitment process. One can only hope that other values will also count as part of the application process and not just the test result.
After all, you don't want machines as employees that produce great test results, but smart and empathetic people. But the one who generates brilliant results in the IQ test is not smart. Smart is someone who combines understanding, intuition, creative thinking, creative elements, social skills, critical thinking, empathy and compassion. But all of this can only be measured to a very limited extent - if at all - with the IQ test.
Your donation helps us
If you enjoyed this article, we would appreciate a small contribution to our work! Donate now with Paypal.
Distance training to become a holistic nutritionist
Are you interested in what's in our food and want to know how nutrients and vital substances affect the body? Do you want a healthy life for yourself, your family and fellow human beings? Nutritionists are popular - but the holistic aspect that is needed for sustainable health is often forgotten when giving advice. At the Academy of Naturopathy, you will get to know the connections between lifestyle and diet as well as physical and psychological well-being.
That educates interested people like you in around 16 months to become a holistic nutritionist out.
Is this article worth reading?
Share this article
- Sternberg, Robert J, Grigorenko, Elena L, Bundy, Donald A, The predictive value of IQ, Merrill - Palmer Quarterly; Jan 2001; 47, 1; ProQuest Social Sciences Premium Collection pg. 1, (The predictive power of IQ)
- Zigler, Edward, and Penelope K. Trickett. "IQ, social competence, and evaluation of early childhood intervention programs." American Psychologist 33.9 (1978): 789. (IQ, social skills and evaluation of support programs in early childhood)
- Adam Hampshire, Roger R. Highfield, Beth L. Parkin, Adrian M. Owen. Fractionating Human Intelligence,Neuron, 2012; 76 (6): (division of human intelligence)
- The gym for your head
Notice on health issues
This information is passed to the best of my knowledge and belief. They are intended exclusively for those interested and for further training and are in no way to be understood as diagnostic or therapeutic instructions. We do not assume any liability for damages of any kind, which arise directly or indirectly from the use of the information. If you suspect illness, please consult your doctor or alternative practitioner
Subscribe to Newsletter
Exciting information about health and nutrition
1x per month
Login Successful. You will shortly receive a confirmation at the specified email address.
With your registration you allow the regular sending of the newsletter and accept the data protection regulations.
HEALTH CENTER © 2021 Neosmart Consulting AG. All rights reserved.
- Should I have a dog
- How can an introvert learn to sell
- What would happen if I smoked cotton?
- What are the best features in Adobe
- When was Albus Dumbledore born
- What does the constitution say about marriage?
- What are the powers of Rinne Sharingan
- What is the Russian avant-garde
- Which hand weaving products sell well online
- How to Buy Canadian Currency
- What are Warren Buffets most treasured books
- How many astronauts believe in God
- How does the Austrian business cycle theory work
- Is the pairing of votes legal
- Which microorganism is the smallest
- Will the population ever stop growing?
- Works the insertion of hashtags in the comments
- What is the thrush infection
- Is lime acidic or basic
- What are the safest beach sports
- Cyanogenmod 13 shortens battery life
- How can people become freelancers
- Uninformed people should vote
- How do you become a CIA officer?