What is a peripheral receiving field
What is the definition of a reception area?
A receiving field is an area in which the stimulation leads to the response of a particular sensory neuron.
A reception field is often functionally characterized by electrophysiological experiments. During these experiments, a specific area of the body is stimulated: z. B. a certain part of the field of vision is illuminated or a certain area of the skin is stimulated haptically (Fig. 1) etc. It is then determined whether a neuron is responding, either stimulation (increased rate of fire) or inhibition (decreased rate of fire). The HF can be characterized by scanning several overlapping areas.
Levine and Shefner (1991) define a reception field as " Area in which the stimulation leads to the response of a particular sensory neuron ".
The RF is therefore a property of the neuron and not the stimulus.
However, this property of the neuron depends heavily on the stimulus. For example, a ganglion cell of the retina ON does not react if, for example, the red cones in the center of its receiving field in the retina are illuminated with UV light, while it reacts violently when the light is red. Your professor may have hinted at this, that is, to the close interplay of stimulus and reaction.
Fig. 1. Scheme of the receiving field (RF) of a pain in the skin.The RF is determined by the arborations of the free nerve endings in the dendritic zone of the pain receptor cell.Source: Lumen Learning
- What TV show makes you sleepy right away
- What is language performance
- Sodium bicarbonate increases the pH
- How can I email Steve Harvey
- What are internship packages for the construction industry of the BHU
- Where should the burden of proof be
- What can Islam learn from Buddhism
- How was your experience at UC Boulder
- Is Magento just a better Amazon
- Why don't Slavs rise up against Greece?
- How does the FCC sell the spectrum
- Humiliation can be good for you
- What are the powers of Hawkeye
- Why is the human ear asymmetrical
- Can we have sex after taking ipill?
- What's the best single user wiki
- Why hasn't Eli Manning already retired?
- Scientology has a Bible
- Why is Naruto so emotional
- Fade spots of beauty
- Well worth selling the After Effects template
- The people of the Congo don't like Belgium
- What difference did you make today?
- Which gym do you go to
- Restless leg syndrome is a real disease
- Muslims are the greatest enemies of Muslims
- What are the benefits of a bank merger
- What is free energy in simple terms
- How can I deal with confused people
- What are monatomic, diatomic and teutonic gases
- Why are male wrestling undershirts so instructive
- What are YOU afraid of 1
- Goats are troublemakers
- What is an optimal strategy for covered calls