Has anyone in India made money from Upwork
How I earned 22,000 euros on the Internet in four weeks
Daniel Friesenecker / Flickr
When people ask me what is the best way to make money, I sometimes have to laugh.
Not because the question is stupid, but because there isn't really a "right" answer.
The truth is that you can be with almost Everything can get money.
But first you have to change your attitude.
You must begin to see your skills and experiences as assets, valuable resources.
You (yes, you) can help someone with the skills and knowledge you already have.
The easiest way to do that is as a freelancer.
(If you can't think of valuable skills, here are a few ideas and specific examples)
Now that all of this has been discussed ... I have good and bad news for you guys.
The good news is:There are some freelance portals like Upwork that allow you to offer your services, acquire customers and make money quickly, even if you are complete beginners.
The bad news is:These freelance portals can be overwhelming. If you don't know what you're doing, the competition can be very intimidating.
But don't let that put you off.
Today I'm going to show you the simple trick I used to make more than 22,000 euros in four weeks on Upwork by designing simple websites with WordPress.
(Note: the strategies here apply to all skills of a freelance professional, not just website designing.)
If you read on to the end, I'll show you a few more tools that will give you an even bigger lead over the competition.
Step 1: Use insidious research on your competition
Before you can begin, you need to know what kind of situation you are putting yourself in.
You need to know in detail:
- What strategies your successful competitors are pursuing to stand out from the crowd
- How you can erase them entirely by being ridiculously over-prepared
To find out the answers to these questions for myself, I posted a bogus job description so I can see what kind of reactions I'm getting. I recommend you to do this too!
Here's what I posted on Elance:
Daniel DiPiazza / Business Insider
My goal was to attract my competitors and see what kind of responses they send me - then use that knowledge against them.
A note at this point: It is not absolutely necessary to upload a bogus job description like I did in order to get good results. The big idea is to show what happens when you really want to test your process and use the results.
Here's what I learned from the results of my test ...
Step 2: Analyze the results
I received up to 100 offers within 30 minutes - and I gained two very valuable insights:
- Over half of the applicants for my job were not native English speakers
- Most people have submitted pre-made requests with no personalization whatsoever
When I finally found out this critical information, I knew I was in a unique position. Why?
Well, most of the people who hire freelancers are from the US or the UK. This means that there is usually a language barrier. People are always more confident in speaking in their mother tongue.
And because of the language barrier, most of the applications were very dry and uninteresting.
Here is one that I received ...
Do you see what i mean?
You can be much better. And so ...
Step 3: How to stand out and start booking jobs
To stand out from a sea of freelancers, you need to show that you understand your prospect and give them a reason to take a second look at your offer. Your approach should be warm and engaging, and most importantly, personalized.
Nobody wants to feel like the # 573th addressee of the day.
Research the profile of your future customer beforehand and pay attention to these details:
- Previous purchases - does he regularly hire people on Upwork? If so, it is a sign that he is serious
- Feedback - What kind of feedback has he given to freelancers he has hired in the past? What did he like / what not?
- Personal details - name, interests, location, etc. Anything you can tie in to to make a connection.
The knock-out blow: Video "Mini-Pitch"
After you've gathered all of this information, use it to create a short “mini pitch” with a YouTube video.
Your "mini pitch" should:
- 90 seconds or less
- Introduce yourself and briefly explain your background
- Show why you like the client's specific project so much (so they know you've read it)
- Offer a simple phone call
Plus: if you still find relevant personal details that you have in common with the customer, incorporate them. That can be very helpful.
From there the process is easy. Instead of sending a regular request like anyone else, just send them a short message with the link to your video.
This method works SHOCKING well as it makes you stand out from the crowd and shows that you really care what your clients are working on.
You can't fake that.
Get the exact same videos and texts that I used to make 22,000 euros in four weeks
At this point, you are probably wondering what this approach looks like in practice.
I've put together an advanced guide to Upwork Hacks that includes:
- The exact texts and screenshots I used to book jobs and negotiate with clients
- Real "mini-pitch" videos that I've sent out that have resulted in thousands of euros
- Biggest Mistakes People Make When Trying This Approach (And How To Get Around It)
- A checklist for handling common customer objections
Here you can get the strategy guide for free.
- How do I learn Angular 6
- What are very useful math short tricks
- Why can't I kill myself
- How is Gulmarg better than Manali
- Is the Foreign Policy Journal reliable
- Mutual respect is necessary for friendship
- What are some careers for Marketing Management
- What's your best fact on the London Underground
- Should they still be doing Twilight films
- How can I treat cancer with chemotherapy
- How is a 3D printer made
- What is accounting
- What is the purpose of the transfer RNA?
- Affects the slow internet speed of PCs
- Is CUSAT good for information technology
- Helps niacin with anxiety
- What is a TDS 16A form
- How many flat earth inhabitants are there 1
- What are free secure iPad applications
- Can you decipher the word NAC?
- Are MGTOWs against women who vote
- Why is Narcan not available over the counter
- Who sings the song Angel Eyes
- How did you make your decisions
- What is Email Spam Filtering
- How can butterflies fly?
- How can I advance my career 2
- What is fps in smartphone cameras
- Quora is another social experiment
- What is the best apple 1
- What AI courses are there in Mumbai
- Does the keeping of animals harm the animals?
- How much discerning increment